Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve just installed a full steersmarts setup with a falcon SS and I cannot for the life of me get the steering wheel centered back up. 1st problem was the wheel wouldn’t turn all the way to the right but I found out that the SS wasn’t centered. But now no matter what I do the steering wheel won’t center back up, I’ve adjusted the drag link several times and when the wheel is center the tires won’t turn full lock in one direction or the other. I’ve tried centering up the steering box by counting back half the turns from full lock and then adjusting the drag link but I end up with the same result. The wheels won’t turn all the way lock to lock or the steering wheel is off center. What is going on???
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I’ve just installed a full steersmarts setup with a falcon SS and I cannot for the life of me get the steering wheel centered back up. 1st problem was the wheel wouldn’t turn all the way to the right but I found out that the SS wasn’t centered. But now no matter what I do the steering wheel won’t center back up, I’ve adjusted the drag link several times and when the wheel is center the tires won’t turn full lock in one direction or the other. I’ve tried centering up the steering box by counting back half the turns from full lock and then adjusting the drag link but I end up with the same result. The wheels won’t turn all the way lock to lock or the steering wheel is off center. What is going on???
First check binding on SS shaft at full steering wheel lock to lock.
You will need another person to help hold the steering wheel while you check the SS.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Most likely the track bar is interfering with the steering stabilizer. Get the front end on jack stands while you have someone turn the wheel back and forth. You'll be able to see where the problem is. The adjuster on the Steersmarts track bar is huge and makes it really difficult to mount a SS on top of the tie rod. Good luck.

OP
OP
Hydroboy35th

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the reply’s fellas, I figured it out with the help from a bleepinjeep YouTube video. The problem was that I still had the Jeep on jack stands from installing everything while trying to adjust the draglink. Once I put it on the ground and made the adjustments all was good.
Sponsored