Sponsored

NEED HELP - (sorry) - Replaced dead battery in the jeep and then replaced the aux battery. Now I have no response to pushing the start button....

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
want to give a quick THANK YOU to everyone for the responses. I've pulled engines and trans in cars, trucks and boats over the years and never quite been this bumfuzzled.... but I'm not above screwing up!!!
Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
want to give a quick THANK YOU to everyone for the responses. I've pulled engines and trans in cars, trucks and boats over the years and never quite been this bumfuzzled.... but I'm not above screwing up!!!
Bill may be able to provide some advice. Hope you don't mind me tagging you!

@Rhinebeck01

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
One other thought- how do you tell if one of your fuses is blown on that high voltage buss bar? I have not encountered this arrangement before. that whole buss is one unit.
use a voltmeter and check for resistance/continuity across the individual fuses.

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It appears to me that pulling the passenger side fender flare is the much easy route to accessing the aux battery. Messing with all those fuses looks a bit sketchy.
Replacing the battery behind the fender was the route I went and it was so easy. I didn’t want to run into issues with all the other electrical crap.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
The dash text reads - "push in the clutch and push start", but the button will not light up. Press it and nothing happens. No NAV screen lighting up either....
Sounds like the connector that feeds fuse #10 (15amp) is not seated causing no power to your pushbutton switch.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The dash text reads - "push in the clutch and push start", but the button will not light up. Press it and nothing happens. No NAV screen lighting up either....

Think I might have grounded it out.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
What's the voltage of the batteries? It wouldn't hurt to put a charger on them.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Does the dash message change at all? Does the radio come on?
will the ignition cycle to the acc or run positions?

Sponsored

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Okay I resolved the issue!!!!! We've had cold and snow and awful lighting even with flashlights and i had to work outdoors on it......and i missed a SINGULAR wiring harness pin that was slightly out of alignment. It was sliding into the adjoining slot, not making any contact. It was in a spot very close to the fuse bar. It must be critical because literally everything on the dash sprang to life immediately.

Funny how things work out- morning sun was behind me and the angles on the pins were so much easier to see. She's running beautifully and I'm now fairly certain my girlfriend will not break up with me over this LOL.

Thanks everyone - I really honestly retraced my work and considered and tried each suggested fix. Y'all are the goods.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Okay I resolved the issue!!!!! We've had cold and snow and awful lighting even with flashlights and i had to work outdoors on it......and i missed a SINGULAR wiring harness pin that was slightly out of alignment. It was sliding into the adjoining slot, not making any contact. It was in a spot very close to the fuse bar. It must be critical because literally everything on the dash sprang to life immediately.

Funny how things work out- morning sun was behind me and the angles on the pins were so much easier to see. She's running beautifully and I'm now fairly certain my girlfriend will not break up with me over this LOL.

Thanks everyone - I really honestly retraced my work and considered and tried each suggested fix. Y'all are the goods.
Unfollowing!

Lol. Well done. I'm an electronics tech and I miss small shit when I working on my gear all the time. Glad you got it sorted out.

Dillon17

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler

Having the same exact issue after doing the same exact thing lol. I'm going to send you a PM for more info.

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Good job everyone.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEED HELP - (sorry) - Replaced dead battery in the jeep and then replaced the aux battery.  Now I have no response to pushing the start button.... dwight

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
This thread and others like it should be a lesson to all: Removing the fuse box to service the aux battery is neither the approved/directed way to go, nor is it the best. But hey, your property, do as you please.
Sponsored