Sponsored

NEED HELP - (sorry) - Replaced dead battery in the jeep and then replaced the aux battery. Now I have no response to pushing the start button....

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
small screen comes on and asks you to push the pedal and then nothing happens.....

Im at a total loss. Even put the older - questionable but charge AUX battery back in and got same result.....

Sorry I am sure i have something super basic wrong and i need to get it rolling pretty quick.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
small screen comes on and asks you to push the pedal and then nothing happens.....

Im at a total loss. Even put the older - questionable but charge AUX battery back in and got same result.....

Sorry I am sure i have something super basic wrong and i need to get it rolling pretty quick.

FYI - Jeep is brand new to me and just out of warranty.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something is not properly connected.

Check the battery terminals, and also the bottom of the fuse box.

Good luck.

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Sounds like something is not properly connected.

Check the battery terminals, and also the bottom of the fuse box.

Good luck.

Thank you! The first instructional video did not discuss taking precautions because the fuse bar an battery leads would still be hot.....i didnt see any arcing but what if i shorted it - any idea what relay or breaker to check?

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
what specifically do you mean about the bottom of the fuse box?

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
what specifically do you mean about the bottom of the fuse box?
Some people remove the fuse box to change the aux battery. If you went that route, it's possible that a pin, or perhaps pins, ended up bent and therefore not mating with the connector causing your problem.

And what exactly is "no response"? Does the switch light up at all, or is it just not cranking?

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Some people remove the fuse box to change the aux battery. If you went that route, it's possible that a pin, or perhaps pins, ended up bent and therefore not mating with the connector causing your problem.
I will check them thoroughly thank you!!!! My bet is this is it.....

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

And what exactly is "no response"? Does the switch light up at all, or is it just not cranking?
^ this!

Also, I found it difficult to push the fuse box connectors all the way in. My hands are too big to do it properly in that cramped space.

If you ran into this problem, it is possible that one of the connectors is not tight enough.

Good luck.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Just happened to watch this morning. Maybe it might help you if you did accidently short one of the connections?

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Wandering a bit off topic here, but watching videos of both methods, it appears to me that pulling the passenger side fender flare is the much easier route to accessing the aux battery. Messing with all those fuses looks a bit sketchy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wandering a bit off topic here, but watching videos of both methods, it appears to me that pulling the passenger side fender flare is the much easy route to accessing the aux battery. Messing with all those fuses looks a bit sketchy.
Depends how OCD you are, I suppose.

I feel much more comfortable screwing around with a hidden fuse box than pulling apart a body section.

I played around with the fenders on my JKs over the years; it was impossible to get them to look —and feel— just like they came from the factory. No matter how much I tried.

I now know that if for some reason I cannot put this fender back EXACTLY the way it came from the factory, it’d drive me insane...!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Average Joe has no business whatsoever pulling the fuse box. If OP went that route and can’t diagnose a no start afterwards, it’s gonna be a bad day.

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I will check them thoroughly thank you!!!! My bet is this is it.....
Average Joe has no business whatsoever pulling the fuse box. If OP went that route and can’t diagnose a no start afterwards, it’s gonna be a bad day.
I did go that route. THat darn youtube video made it look easy. Never had an issue with other dual battery trucks either, and my boat has two batteries..... ugh.

Regretting this.

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

One other thought- how do you tell if one of your fuses is blown on that high voltage buss bar? I have not encountered this arrangement before. that whole buss is one unit.

OP
OP

mattm73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Wandering a bit off topic here, but watching videos of both methods, it appears to me that pulling the passenger side fender flare is the much easy route to accessing the aux battery. Messing with all those fuses looks a bit sketchy.

The dash text reads - "push in the clutch and push start", but the button will not light up. Press it and nothing happens. No NAV screen lighting up either....
Sponsored