Need help removing armrest lid

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
I have a replacement leather armrest center console lid being shipped to me. It’s just the armrest leather lid, not the entire center console. Anyone know how to remove the existing one, i assume it’s not to hard . I looked at the existing one installed and don’t see how to do it . Please help, pics would be great to if possible. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cliebo

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sahara Unlimited
Bump

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Should be the same process for the JL shows how to remove at about 1:20

Sponsored

jeepinization

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE
I have a replacement leather armrest center console lid being shipped to me. It’s just the armrest leather lid, not the entire center console. Anyone know how to remove the existing one, i assume it’s not to hard . I looked at the existing one installed and don’t see how to do it . Please help, pics would be great to if possible. Thanks in advance
Do you happen to have the part number for the center console lid? I would like to order it as well. Thanks

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I wouldn't want to be leaning on my console with my phone under my elbow.

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

Just picked up a Mopar leather armrest from the dealer today. Can't believe it's just the 4 bolts! My new armrest came with the entire folding assembly, but it looks like I wont need to mess with that. Only challenge will be removing the existing key mechanism and installing into the new console, as I want to retain my lockable equipment.

jeepinization

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE
Just picked up a Mopar leather armrest from the dealer today. Can't believe it's just the 4 bolts! My new armrest came with the entire folding assembly, but it looks like I wont need to mess with that. Only challenge will be removing the existing key mechanism and installing into the new console, as I want to retain my lockable equipment.
You don't need to remove the key mechanism. There are 6 screws that you can remove from the plastic part holding the key mechanism. Once those are removed you can simply switch them out. I did it and it was way easy. 5 minutes. PM me if you need help. I can do a quick video.

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

You don't need to remove the key mechanism. There are 6 screws that you can remove from the plastic part holding the key mechanism. Once those are removed you can simply switch them out. I did it and it was way easy. 5 minutes. PM me if you need help. I can do a quick video.
Oh awesome! That is great news. I'm pretty savvy with this stuff, I'm sure I can manage. Thank you for your kindness!

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Was feeling restless and got it all done already! Really easy job. (10) T20 screws total.

Before and after. Lock works great! Will probably do the e-brake handle next.
Jeep Wrangler JL Need help removing armrest lid 9D51BCDD-88B8-4D94-B020-DB6FD1DBF10E
Jeep Wrangler JL Need help removing armrest lid 1D1C7F2C-A656-4C30-8370-1214118888A4
Jeep Wrangler JL Need help removing armrest lid C5828644-6643-4091-B757-515D3A89032E
Sponsored