Need help releasing electrical tie down

kantho

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door with premium soft top
Newbie here. I need to know how to release this electrical tie down. I would like to be able to reconnect it once I have the euro style air dams off my bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help releasing electrical tie down clas
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@kantho

Tghey are press fit, in. Most use a pry tool to remove.

You place the pry tool just under the circular part of that connector and then pry upward. Pry as straight up, as you can.

IF it does not start giving/coming up pretty easily DO simultaneously, while prying, squeeze in on the underside of the connector with a pair of pliers.

Go easy and it probably will not break. That particular one is pretty robust. IF you do break, they can be easily and cheaply had.

Pic of pry tool. IF you do not have use two large flat tip screwdrivers on each side and pry up evenly... apply straight up and not at an angle if possible. Some times a little /slight rocking mothion as you pry up will help free it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help releasing electrical tie down mmmmmm

OP
OP
kantho

kantho

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 door with premium soft top
@kantho

Tghey are press fit, in. Most use a pry tool to remove.

You place the pry tool just under the circular part of that connector and then pry upward. Pry as straight up, as you can.

IF it does not start giving/coming up pretty easily DO simultaneously, while prying, squeeze in on the underside of the connector with a pair of pliers.

Go easy and it probably will not break. That particular one is pretty robust. IF you do break, they can be easily and cheaply had.

Pic of pry tool. IF you do not have use two large flat tip screwdrivers on each side and pry up evenly... apply straight up and not at an angle if possible. Some times a little /slight rocking mothion as you pry up will help free it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need help releasing electrical tie down mmmmmm
Thanks for your help. It looked like there might have been some kind of quick release that I couldn't figure out. I do have a pry tool and used that. Thanks again.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Now that you came out,I can come out with not being able to get the wire harness unconnected, to remove the passengers seat
Sponsored