Need help planning a Vermont camping trip

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hey all just trying to plan a trip up to Vermont to do some wheeling and camping. I know there are a lot of the class 4 roads up there, just not really sure where to begin with them. Our Jeeps are decently modified nothing crazy though, so trying to have fun but be able to make it out without break.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I will be headed up that way the first week in July for a Jamboree was looking for someone to wheel with. When are you headed up?

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Pass thru Woodstock VT for ice cream and drinks....🧐

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Sure will.... I think I am going to head up that way over the 4th of July maybe catch the BOH in NH and see what else is around out there.

OP
OP
jbelluccio12

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Sure will.... I think I am going to head up that way over the 4th of July maybe catch the BOH in NH and see what else is around out there.
not sure when we r planning just tryin to get some ideas

Sponsored

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Don't forget to stock up on Heady Topper and Focal Banger while you're up there...and maybe some Hill Farmstead while you're at it!

(MA native here - if you like IPA's you won't be disappointed)

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hey all just trying to plan a trip up to Vermont to do some wheeling and camping. I know there are a lot of the class 4 roads up there, just not really sure where to begin with them. Our Jeeps are decently modified nothing crazy though, so trying to have fun but be able to make it out without break.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Definitely get with a local group as the class 4 Roads can change, and I know there's a TON of private land for VASA up that way that isn't always labeled as such. We were running some class 4 roads in the past and there have been several spots that have posted signs at the trail head, but it's not exactly clear which side they're talking about.
Off the top of my head, active groups in that area that may be able to help:
Green Mountain Crawlers
Southern Vermont Off Road Association

Additionally, our club President (Adirondack Jeeps) is a long time guide for Jeep Jamboree Killington. If you're heading up there and see a caged XJ on 38's, say Hi to Bill!

Hope this helps.
Sponsored