EvanSG

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello Everybody,

I am fairly new to this whole jeep thing and need some help picking out a good aggressive looking tire that has a long tread life on-road. I have so far looked at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and both the Toyo Open Country M/T's and R/T's. If someone knows what has the best tread life out of those 3 or a new tire i have not looked at please tell me!!!
I have attached a few photos of wheels i have been looking at.
Thank you for your help!!
-Evan

P.S. Looking in that 35-37 range :) best wheel size for each one?

27872540338_33062dea22_b.jpg

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-barstow-6-lug-textured-matte-black-std-700.jpg

MR306_Mesh_Matte_Black_2048x.png

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-alpine-5-lug-gloss-black-milled-std-700.jpg
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll bite, although most would advise that there or more threads on this than Sport vs. Rubicon. I would recommend looking at reviews online. Tire rack posts some consumer satisfaction data.

You really need to decide if you need a AT or MT, and that depends on how much off-road driving you do and the type of terrain. Are you looking for more performance or looks? Are you willing to sacrifice looks for performance? That pic looks like a 35” or 37” KO2 with 20” wheels, and that would not be great off road. 17” rims are common for that size of tire. KM2 or now 3 or KO2 are popular choices, but everyone has their favorite tire or one to avoid.

OP
OP
EvanSG

EvanSG

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ll bite, although most would advise that there or more threads on this than Sport vs. Rubicon. I would recommend looking at reviews online. Tire rack posts some consumer satisfaction data.

You really need to decide if you need a AT or MT, and that depends on how much off-road driving you do and the type of terrain. Are you looking for more performance or looks? Are you willing to sacrifice looks for performance? That pic looks like a 35” or 37” KO2 with 20” wheels, and that would not be great off road. 17” rims are common for that size of tire. KM2 or now 3 or KO2 are popular choices, but everyone has their favorite tire or one to avoid.

I’m looking for something best on street. tread life is the biggest thing for me. I’ve heard that the BFG tires wear fast.

OP
OP
EvanSG

EvanSG

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you for responding though!! It’s greatly appreciated.

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
I’m looking for something best on street. tread life is the biggest thing for me. I’ve heard that the BFG tires wear fast.

For street use, I'd definitely go with a 35" all terrain tire. The Ridge Grappler and BFG A/T are both good choices.

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have had Toyo’s AT’s on two JK’s and my F250. Great all terrain tire but is a load range E. BFG’s in KO2and 3’s are C or D so ride will be better. I am running a 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers this go around in a D load range. It is a nice riding tire. Was going with a Toyo RT but could not get them at the time. Buddy ran the Cooper STT and returned them to Discount Tire because they pulled passenger no matter what he did and a good alignment. Went back to a Nitto RG, problem went away

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto offers a highway tire (dura grappler) that is apparently decent although it may not be the appearance you're going for.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Hello Everybody,

I am fairly new to this whole jeep thing and need some help picking out a good aggressive looking tire that has a long tread life on-road. I have so far looked at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and both the Toyo Open Country M/T's and R/T's. If someone knows what has the best tread life out of those 3 or a new tire i have not looked at please tell me!!!
-Evan

27872540338_33062dea22_b.jpg

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-barstow-6-lug-textured-matte-black-std-700.jpg

MR306_Mesh_Matte_Black_2048x.png

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-alpine-5-lug-gloss-black-milled-std-700.jpg
Without a doubt, go with the Method rims! Had Trail Grapplers on Double Standard Methods on my fj. Love their wheels (Method). For some tire that is a good does all and looks good, take a peek at the Cooper Stt Pros. Haven’t ever run those, but they look like a semi-mud which is good for Florida, and they appear to have some siping. The trail grapplers i had looked cool, but were fucking terrible in the crushed ice/packed snow that i had to drive through in the Denver metro = my 2.5 cents
On the Methods make sure to check out the NV as well as the standards imo some of the better looking ones.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT

Check this out. Everyone has an opinion but aggregate data is nice to see, and these are customers outside of the Jeep world too. This even tells you how many miles have been reported.

Personally, I have had great tread life on BFG tires. That said, I am running Destination MT/2’s because they were rated higher for mud tires and I got them at a killer price. So far they have been awesome.

09E6AA75-4594-4723-BE7D-90EB05A344EE.jpeg

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU WW
Goodyear DuraTracs sound like they would fit your needs. I've never personally run them, but I've heard good things.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
OP says that tread life is king to him. If that's the case, he should be looking at HT tires. There are many to choose from in the 35" size.

If he insists on an AT tire, then for tread life I have seen the BFGoodrich and General tires last a LONG time. In fact, I know of a set of General Grabber AT2s that went almost 90,000 miles on a Jeep I used to own.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Ive been using the bfg tko tko2 tko3 on my yj and tj for more than 20 years and havent had any issues. Driving aggressively i get 60k miles plus in heat conditions like phoenix and baton rouge for 11 years and icy cold (-50 wind chill) of minnesota for 13 years. They handle the worst of winter conditions with ease. Plus they are quiet on the roads at all speeds. Run them at 30 to 32psi.

It is the only tire i will even look at.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They cost but are worth it. Seems that a lot more people used to run duratacs because they look aggressive. From experience, they have really soft sidewalls and in my opinion inferior to the KO2 in wear and off-road performance.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Going to be a game time decision for me between the Toyo MT and RT. The RT sounds best for you as they have a 45,000 mileage guarantee.

aberndtsson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017, Jeep Wrangler, Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Engineering Technician
Hello Everybody,

-Evan

I didn't try any of these you mentioned but I heard that Toyo Open Country are pretty good tires that provides an great ride experience. And also that shows great durability.

When I was looking for tires for my jeep, I was looking on different forums for some information and advice, but then I found a website that provided me enough information to decide which tires I would like to buy. And I even paid less than I expecte
d to pay for a set of chosen tires.

I can share a link to that website, so you can take a look and maybe can help you to decide which one are right for you. Here is the link https://www.bestproductspro.com/tires-for-jeep-wrangler . Hope you'll find it useful. :)
Sponsored