Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
Hi All,
Traveling from San Diego to St George Utah today, headed to Moab. Just outside Las Vegas we encountered some very strong side winds. I'd guess 30-40 mph gusts. While traversing a two lane construction area, the passenger side window panel of the soft top blew out. No way to retrieve it. Would any of you know of a source for this panel in St George tomorrow or Moab tomorrow or Monday?

Thanks for any help. 2019 JLUR for reference.
Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Hi All,
Traveling from San Diego to St George Utah today, headed to Moab. Just outside Las Vegas we encountered some very strong side winds. I'd guess 30-40 mph gusts. While traversing a two lane construction area, the passenger side window panel of the soft top blew out. No way to retrieve it. Would any of you know of a source for this panel in St George tomorrow or Moab tomorrow or Monday?

Thanks for any help. 2019 JLUR for reference.
I can find you a new soft top pretty near St. George, just one window? That’s gonna be tough.

if interested in the soft top (I’m not the seller, but Kanab is close to St George).

Jeep JLU premium soft top for sale.

Other than that, maybe see if Quadratec or someone else can sort you out and get a window shipped to Moab STAT.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/t...MIi72qkqud-gIVFxfUAR3QwAwtEAQYAiABEgLPZfD_BwE

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks! I had that happen to me this spring very similarly. I had to order mine from the dealership. $475.00. My top is a premium top.
Just a window? You may have better luck finding a random soft top than just a window. I know at the dealership I was at they had an extra soft top they were just going to give away.
maybe a dealership will have a window in stock somewhere? Could maybe call around some local junkyard and see if they have any Jeeps there with a soft top. Good luck!!

OP
OP
Tool Guy

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can find you a new soft top pretty near St. George, just one window? That’s gonna be tough.

if interested in the soft top (I’m not the seller, but Kanab is close to St George).

Jeep JLU premium soft top for sale.

Other than that, maybe see if Quadratec or someone else can sort you out and get a window shipped to Moab STAT.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/t...MIi72qkqud-gIVFxfUAR3QwAwtEAQYAiABEgLPZfD_BwE
Thanks, checking on that top now! Edit: going to pick it up ion couple of hours, thanks again!

Last edited:

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Thanks, checking on that top now! Edit: going to pick it up ion couple of hours, thanks again!
Glad to be of some assistance, even if it isn’t the optimal solution.

I will say, the drive north from Kanab to I-70 is a looker! So if that’s the route you take at least you’ll get a cool ride in. And enjoy the San Rafael Swell as you head east on I-70 between Salina and Green River! Pro-tip, pull off at the view points, especially the Eagle Canyon view site!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tool Guy

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the top purchase did not work out. Seller said they would take Venmo and then changed there mind when I was half way there. I negotiated price at $1800 and then they decided if they would take Venmo they wanted another $200. Not happening for me, so drove on to Moab up highway 89 and the I-70 east. It was a beautiful if somewhat windy drive.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I’d loan you mine, but I’m not sure overnight shipping would be very cost effective vs. purchasing one.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what your travel plans are, but I am located in Las Vegas. I can loan you a window to get you back home and then you can ship it back to me when you get a replacement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tool Guy

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what your travel plans are, but I am located in Las Vegas. I can loan you a window to get you back home and then you can ship it back to me when you get a replacement.
Thanks, we are going home through Flagstaff and Lake Havasu. I think I'll check here in Moab tomorrow (been on the trail all day). Thank you everyone...very nice of flyer92 for your offer.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, we are going home through Flagstaff and Lake Havasu. I think I'll check here in Moab tomorrow (been on the trail all day). Thank you everyone...very nice of flyer92 for your offer.
My pleasure, Dan. Safe travels and happy Jeepin'!

OP
OP
Tool Guy

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@gregeast

So to wrap this up; my son in law found a used window on Facebook Marketplace in St George Utah for $75. We were going to return home thorough Flagstaff and visit the Grand Canyon, but we altered that plan and returned through St George, picked up the window and then overnighted in Las Vegas. I kept a close eye on it at every stop and so far so good. It's one of the early models with the black flanges but it seems okay for now.

It has a few scratches (but so do my other windows) so it's fine for now.
Sponsored