Sponsored

Need help - E-brake jacked up?

InkedME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Need some help here. Did a 2.5” lift today and after all done went to go for a shakedown run. Went to back out of the garage and noticed that reverse was hanging up. Checked to see if parking brake was engaged - pulled the handle and had nothing. Figured out the the cable for the rear passenger side came disconnected from the lever when I rerouted the cables. Pulled the console and put all of it back together and handle/cables feel good, but still cant go in reverse. Forward seems fine but Im running out of room in garage to really tell - I just know forward does not drag like reverse does. If I put it in reverse it rocks back and then stops. Feels like the parking brake is still engaged...

For what its worth, doors are closed, seat belts buckled, and incline isn't showing anything out of the ordinary after the lift. I think this purely mechanical related. Could be wrong though...

Any suggestions? Im gonna have to fix it where it is since I cant reverse out of the garage
Sponsored

OP
OP

InkedME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Edit: Looking again at this and incline is not showing anything, not even lit up on display. See attached.

57503B3C-258F-47CE-8E5E-C49260C2AAC7.jpeg

OP
OP

InkedME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Best I can tell is that it was cable related. Not sure if it had to do with when I rerouted it or what. I assume when I was tugging and pushing on them to reroute them is when I disconnected it from the console lever. When I was trying to hook it back up I was pretty pissy and rushing it - I think the cable was semi bound up and still engaging the brake a bit. It didn't really go back together like I felt it should. I started over with it the next day and all was good and no issues since.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
This video shows a similar thing happening just after the 24:00 mark. Brake cable loosened up and came off the handle bracket.

Sponsored