Need help determining what lift my Jeep has I bought from dealer

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
hey guys, as the title states, I bought a Jeep from a dealer. It has a smaller lift and 37 inch tires. It appears to have Stock shocks so probably coil spacers. I can measure the spacers at 2 1/2” but wasn’t sure what they look like from the factory for the coil to sit on. So I wasn’t sure if that measurement was exactly accurate. Maybe someone can shed some light. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I was just curious.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A few pics

image.jpg

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

image.jpg

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Stock shocks?

90E8B7AC-17D2-4B55-8490-BE55EEDBFCB2.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The front top

image.jpg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys, as the title states, I bought a Jeep from a dealer. It has a smaller lift and 37 inch tires. It appears to have Stock shocks so probably coil spacers. I can measure the spacers at 2 1/2” but wasn’t sure what they look like from the factory for the coil to sit on. So I wasn’t sure if that measurement was exactly accurate. Maybe someone can shed some light. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I was just curious.
Welcome to the community, Dave! Only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.

Was this a new used purchase? Either way, looks like the priority was to go the most cost efficient way to fit those 37's. As long as it drives well and doesn't rub during your specific uses, you should be golden. Just remember that larger diameter tires give the road more leverage over the brake system compared to stock, even if you have the bigger brake kit that comes standard on the Rubicon and Sahara models.

Happy trails, fellow Jeeper!

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yes this was a used purchase. I bought if off a dealer with 134 miles on it. I couldn’t pass up the price after I negotiated them down. It drives fine and handles fine. This is my first Jeep and the list of mods in my head is growing and getting very expensive. Haha.

image.jpg

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
first thing i would do is remove that spacer lift kit mostly because is it just me or is that thing on upside down the spacer usually goes in the top. i would look at a good rancho 3.5 inch lift kit for 37s you really want 3.5 not a 2.5 or you will hit in the rear. oh and did they re gear that sport at all i just have to ask how is acceleration and gas mileage.

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Gropax, I couldn’t agree more. The spacer setup seemed weird to me too. Anyway, it’s gonna have to go soon cause as you said it doesn’t take a heck of a lot of articulation to stuff those tires up into the fenders. I was entertaining the idea of fenders but figured I better start with a good quality lift first. And no it is not regeared. The acceleration actually isn’t as bad as I thought it should be for 37’s. Where acceleration does suck is pulling any kind of hill under 1800 rpm or so, but once it is over 1800 it goes fine even up hills. Just have to wind it up a little more if you want to shift gears up a hill. Freeway driving isn’t that bad either, forget 5th and 6th though. But I can cruise all day at 65-70 no prob. With that said though, I would like to regear. I just gotta find a shop that will do it for a fair price, got quoted yesterday at $3000 for 4.88’s. Yikes!! As far as gas mileage goes, it could be better, I average about 14
Sponsored