OP

Asusundevil

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Wrangler and purchasing a JL Wrangler
I think ya’ll are right Silver actually is starting to grow on me. Especially with black rims.

we just found a used 2019 white Sahara 12k miles, with all the options, v6, 1-touch, MSRP was around $54k, sale price from dealer is $37k. Only problem for me is it has tan leather. I’m trying to see how difficult that would be to change out with OEM Sahara cloth seats. This is probably the only vehicle I like cloth in versus leather. New OEM Sahara seat fabric take-offs sell for about $200 on eBay. Can you have cloth with the cold weather package?
Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Yes on the cloth with Cold Weather, I have it that way.

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
This is Easy because your talking about a Jeep Wrangler. As such even a Sahara is more capable than most owners will ever need. Light trials √ some beach fun √ exploring rural America √ If this is you = Sahara. Now if your goal is the Rubicon well you know the answer to that.
You will love either one. Never in a million years would I have thought of a Jeep as a road trip vehicle. Aside from the noise I have a soft top my Sahara (yes still completely stock ) has been awesome.
A few weeks back on our return from the beach my wife said that was quick when we got home. I think what she was saying is wow our Jeep sure is nice and I enjoyed the ride!

IMG_2068.JPG

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I think ya’ll are right Silver actually is starting to grow on me. Especially with black rims.

we just found a used 2019 white Sahara 12k miles, with all the options, v6, 1-touch, MSRP was around $54k, sale price from dealer is $37k. Only problem for me is it has tan leather. I’m trying to see how difficult that would be to change out with OEM Sahara cloth seats. This is probably the only vehicle I like cloth in versus leather. New OEM Sahara seat fabric take-offs sell for about $200 on eBay. Can you have cloth with the cold weather package?
I'm with you. I ordered the wife's Sahara with almost every option - except leather. And then I added tweed seat covers:
48227583632_a85bf705b7_h.jpg

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
There is no Arizona sales tax on a private party (casual) transaction. (That’s what I do for a living). Are you sure the Sahara is $48.9 out the door? Sales tax is always thrown in when the finance guy is calculating the real final price paperwork after you are through with the salesmen.

In any case, if this was my wife (whose last car was a Prius), I’m sure she would want the Sahara since it rides less truck-like. If she’s not an off roader type, that will be a big deal.

FredC

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport Unlimited
I only saw one other person post about this so thought I would say it also. May prevent you some heartburn later. Be SURE you do a long test drive. A lot of the jeeps from 2018 and up including the new ones have too much play in the steering. Some call it a dead spot and others call it play. Anyway, they are a pain to drive if you have this and Jeep does not have a fix for it. Mine has it and so does a lot of others. If you want to read reviews about it search for steering problems on this forum.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
We are really struggling in deciding between two vehicles.
The Sahara is great until you encounter something requiring 4:1 and lockers. The memory of old $500 locked Cherokees passing you by on an obstacle never leaves.

Sponsored

Zorba

Only problem for me is it has tan leather. I’m trying to see how difficult that would be to change out with OEM Sahara cloth seats. This is probably the only vehicle I like cloth in versus leather. New OEM Sahara seat fabric take-offs sell for about $200 on eBay. Can you have cloth with the cold weather package?
As a person who detests leather seating in ANY car, I totally hear this. Esp. for something being driven off-road or even just on rough roads! I'd ditch the leather for sure.

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Right now I'm enjoying the 23.1 mpg I'm getting cruising at 75mph in the rolling hills of Nevada.

My JLUS goes on trails I was scared to drive my XJ.

Get what you want. I would buy my Sahara again without a second thought. If I bought a Rubicon, I'd take the stickers off the hood and rewire my lockers to the AUX switches and paint the red dash insert.

Every time I see a lifted Rubicon I wonder if they trail at all.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I just received an offer for a 2020 JLUS - MSRP $52,750 Sale Price 16% off $44.3K. Only downside is it is the Billet Silver
Options - Premium Audio, leather, anti-spin rear axle, remote proximity, 2.0l I4 engine, LED lighting, trailer tow package, sky 1-touch
BOO!! Billet Silver or bust
Sponsored