Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Do a 1.5” spacer lift and get the mopar extended lower control arms, and fox ifp 1.5” shocks... will drive great on the street a lot like stock.. I recommend a smaller wheel to add sidewall which will make for a smoother ride... and watch your wheel and tire weight.. try to stay under 27lbs on your wheel and under 68lbs on your tire.. or a 95ish total.. also stick to a c ply AT tire... you can probably get all that done for 3500-4000 dollars , will be solid for on road use and your axles and suspension brakes will all handle it well... two biggest mistakes new guys make is too stiff of tires, too heavy wheel and tire combo..

also buy all your stuff from @River City Offroad he has great prices, a forum discount, and doesn’t charge shipping or sales tax... he is also nice and super knowledgeable ..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Griztko

Griztko

First Name
Griztko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Do a 1.5” spacer lift and get the mopar extended lower control arms, and fox ifp 1.5” shocks... will drive great on the street a lot like stock.. I recommend a smaller wheel to add sidewall which will make for a smoother ride... and watch your wheel and tire weight.. try to stay under 27lbs on your wheel and under 68lbs on your tire.. or a 95ish total.. also stick to a c ply AT tire... you can probably get all that done for 3500-4000 dollars , will be solid for on road use and your axles and suspension brakes will all handle it well... two biggest mistakes new guys make is too stiff of tires, too heavy wheel and tire combo..

also buy all your stuff from @River City Offroad he has great prices, a forum discount, and doesn’t charge shipping or sales tax... he is also nice and super knowledgeable ..
Thank you!! I’ll look into your advice.

ROTM

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, what lift did you put in? Also did you change any other components like the track bar, sway bar, etc?
Lift is JKS JSPEC 119k package / 3.5in. I was going to do 2.0 or 2.5, but after several side by side comps and study, it appears you do lose some of the lift after a while, especially if you add any heavier accessories/bumpers/winch/etc. The rockers are Rock Slide Engineering hidden power steps. I will be adding a heavier bumper up front when the funds replenish. Still not sure on the winch question.
Sponsored