First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
My Jeep is driving to the right. Not drifting to the right. If the steering wheel is straight the Jeep drives a line right off the road and not a little bit. If I hold the wheel left it goes straight but if I let the steering wheel go, it correct straight and we are in the next lane and off the road before you know it. And I did not have this problem before. The Jeep sat 4 months still and now I took it out and it does. And it has never been off roading. My dealer in Woodland did an alignment said it was inspec and it fixed nothing. Then they said it’s the camber of the road BUT it does it on a FLAT road and driving on a anti camber road and all lanes of the highway. I drove with two different tech and they both saw it.

This shop gives you the feeling they have NO interest in looking for a problem. If the alignment is in spec they act like theres nothing else they can do and it must be normal. Has anyone had this or does anyone have a shop that shows an interest in researching and looking for the problem and helping you there is no quick answer?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I had the same problem with ours. Noticed it in the first month. Story time.

Took it to dealer in Elk Grove for first oil change at 6,000 asked to perform alignment, they did and it still pulled. Back to dealer at 12,000 for oil change and asked to do alignment again, they said no alignment needed, everything in spec. Tech drove it, confirms pulling to right. They don't know why, said they would need the whole day with it. Passed on that.
Did some research and its a pretty common thing with these Jeeps that they pull to the right. Could be cross caster or could be the control arm brackets are slightly misaligned from the factory when installed, pulling the axle to one side. Either way, I'm not sure anyone knows whats causing it. The constant is that all the alignment numbers are within spec so dealers and shops don't really have a good reason for the pull either and they usually just send you on your way.
However, after I installed a lift with adjustable control arms and bigger tires, it no longer pulls to the right and I was able to adjust caster for the lift. All my numbers are within spec and Jeep drives straight. So maybe installing aftermarket parts will fix the issue. Its kinda stupid that one has to install aftermarket parts onto a new vehicle in order for the vehicle to operate normally. But hey, welcome to Jeep.

TL:DR: Its a Jeep thing, get used to it. Maybe lift it and it will go away.

OP
OP
ASMSAS

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
TL:DR: Its a Jeep thing, get used to it. Maybe lift it and it will go away.
Well I took it to Goodyear in Davis yesterday, family own business for three generations. He found it also a stupid excuse that "all Jeeps are this way" because a new car shouldn't be, even with big chunky tires.

They found front and rear out of alignment (keep in mind alignment was done Tuesday at Woodland and they insisted there was nothing more they could do) and front out of toe, and printed the before and after alignment for me. They also did a tire rotation and checked alignment again to make sure that was not a problem. And it drives 1,000,000 times better now, so expensive aftermarket upgrades and not neccessary if you have a good mechanic, however I will keep adjustable arms in mind. Where did you have your lift installed or did you do it yourself?

This last bit about toe - the stupid thing is I had asked the head mechanic to double check the toe setting on Wednesday (like I have to do his job for him since he didn't think of it). When I went to get my Jeep Thursday I asked if he did anything to it he said no, he wanted me to drive another to show me they all do that. I said to him, "no thank you, I don't need to see that all Jeeps come out of the factory with a problem, I already know that. I want you to investigate and fix THIS problem that I didn't have before my last tire rotation and alignment in your shop." But I am slowly coming to the realization that there is no actual skill set or interest in mechanical work in that shop and maybe most FCA dealer garages, at least in our area.

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thats excellent, glad you got that figured out. Ill have to keep that shop in mind when it's time for our next alignment.
I think I've come to terms with the lack of attentiveness at FCA's garages. They have so many models coming through the doors throughout the day at high volume, I feel they are more concerned about getting them turned around than finding solutions.
With the lift I ended up doing it myself with the help of a friend. It was pretty straightforward, we took our time and had it done in about 6 hours.
Sponsored