Sponsored

Need general advice on breaking in a new Jeep - and taking road trips.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey Ken @KenPewPew :

I think I can appreciate where your concern comes from. You're putting down a lot of $ for this JL and as someone who respects the idea that a motor vehicle, with tons of moving parts requires, if not babying, then respect in order for it to respect you back you want to do right.

Two thoughts come to mind, only the first serious.

1) I've heard and witnessed dealers who ridiculously over inflate tires prior to owners taking possession. Do check that your tire pressure is within the limits of acceptability.

2) Don't do these: ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Hey Ken @KenPewPew :

I think I can appreciate where your concern comes from. You're putting down a lot of $ for this JL and as someone who respects the idea that a motor vehicle, with tons of moving parts requires, if not babying, then respect in order for it to respect you back you want to do right.

Two thoughts come to mind, only the first serious.

1) I've heard and witnessed dealers who ridiculously over inflate tires prior to owners taking possession. Do check that your tire pressure is within the limits of acceptability.

2) Don't do these: ;)

LOVEEEEEEE IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thank you LOL - hahahaha. I will check the tires. You are nuts!! Thanks for making me literally laugh out loud. You made my day!! No I will bear in mind not to swirl hurricane on a dirt road on my new ride.

Hahaaha!!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
@KenPewPew I followed the recommended break-in from the Owners Manual previously posted with my wife's '18 JLU 3.6/8-speed. We took it from NJ to VT the first weekend we had it. I varied the speeds between 55-65 for the first 300 miles, and it's been perfect since then. It has 15K miles on it now and runs great.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
@KenPewPew I followed the recommended break-in from the Owners Manual previously posted with my wife's '18 JLU 3.6/8-speed. We took it from NJ to VT the first weekend we had it. I varied the speeds between 55-65 for the first 300 miles, and it's been perfect since then. It has 15K miles on it now and runs great.
Man Steve, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will just do that!! The road trip will allow us to drive on beautiful road and going around that speed instead of going speed monster on the highway! Appreciate it!!
Sponsored