UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to buy a set of 37in Cooper STT Pros or BFG KM3s for my functional MOPAR beadlock wheels. I know the STTs and KM3s have a thick bead. Has anyone mounted STTs or KM3s on functional MOPAR beadlocks? Did you need a beadlock spacer? If so, where did you purchase the spacer?

I don’t see anywhere to order ring spacers and MOPAR seems to have a funky bolt pattern of 25 instead of the more common 24, 28, or 32.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
I have been trying to work this out myself. I had a friend of mine that works in a tire shop measure the KM3 bead thickness,, he came up with .694". All the times I've seen pictures of Jeep themselves use these wheels with the beadlock ring it has been with KM3 tires. Maybe that can be used as a "known good"???

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been in talks with Matt @Discount Tire. He’s been phenomenal and went so far as to call his distribution center to have the beads measured. Im going to order the STT Pros and attempt to mount them. If I have to have spacers made, I will. Here is the info I have:

51C4F389-C643-4933-B355-E6B35D682067.png

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Any updates on this? I am looking at STT Pro's, and any insight would be appreciated.

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this? I am looking at STT Pro's, and any insight would be appreciated.
The STT Pros in 37s absolutely need a spacer to run the functional beadlock ring. MOPAR doesn’t make spacer rings and the bolt pattern on their rings are unique. You will have to get spacers made and buy longer bolts. By our measurement, I was going to need a 1/4in spacer and then hope the bead would compress some.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here she is...
Jeep Wrangler JL Need for MOPAR Beadlock Spacers? 51C4F389-C643-4933-B355-E6B35D682067
Jeep Wrangler JL Need for MOPAR Beadlock Spacers? 51C4F389-C643-4933-B355-E6B35D682067
That’s the simulated ring. This thread is about using the real beadlock ring and needing a spacer ring (that doesn’t exist) for tires that have a thicker bead

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have been trying to work this out myself. I had a friend of mine that works in a tire shop measure the KM3 bead thickness,, he came up with .694". All the times I've seen pictures of Jeep themselves use these wheels with the beadlock ring it has been with KM3 tires. Maybe that can be used as a "known good"???
We measured the the gap between the face of the wheel and the ring with a caliper and it was right at 0.500”. In order for those rings to work with the KM3 measurement, you’d need the bead to compress by almost .200”. There’s no way the STT Pros would compress that much. Maybe the beads on the KM3s are more flexible.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the simulated ring. This thread is about using the real beadlock ring and needing a spacer ring (that doesn’t exist) for tires that have a thicker bead
Sorry, not sure how I posted that here...

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
We measured the the gap between the face of the wheel and the ring with a caliper and it was right at 0.500”. In order for those rings to work with the KM3 measurement, you’d need the bead to compress by almost .200”. There’s no way the STT Pros would compress that much. Maybe the beads on the KM3s are more flexible.
Sorry man...that's garbage that mopar doesn't offer a spacer for them. Goes to show that the vast majority of people with these wheels run the fake beadlock ring. I'm sure you'll figure it out with Shawn helping..

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry man...that's garbage that mopar doesn't offer a spacer for them. Goes to show that the vast majority of people with these wheels run the fake beadlock ring. I'm sure you'll figure it out with Shawn helping..
Not only that...but MOPAR lists the BS as 4.4in. We measured it at 5-5.1in. Won’t work with my lift. Total bullshit from MOPAR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Shawn and I both think that MOPAR never intended for folks to run over a 35 on their wheels as that is the biggest tire they recommend, even with their lift. They need to be forthcoming and honest with their specs and intended usage.

OP
OP
UNC Rubicon

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I could run wheel spacers and have Shawn fabricate some beadlock spacers but still some point you have to accept that you’re attempting to pound a square peg into a round hole and call it a loss.

Edit to add: Shawn said “can I make it work? Probably. Should I try? Probably not.” Just sucks that I spent a ton of money on these wheels just to find out they aren’t what I need. I suppose you could say “due diligence” but at some point, you should be able to trust the manufacturer and not have to independently verify their specs.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I could run wheel spacers and have Shawn fabricate some beadlock spacers but still some point you have to accept that you’re attempting to pound a square peg into a round hole and call it a loss.

Edit to add: Shawn said “can I make it work? Probably. Should I try? Probably not.” Just sucks that I spent a ton of money on these wheels just to find out they aren’t what I need. I suppose you could say “due diligence” but at some point, you should be able to trust the manufacturer and not have to independently verify their specs.
Agreed 100%...FYI, since your probably wheel shopping, I ran 37" milestars(run bigger than BFG) on 17x8.5 Methods with 4.75 backspacing with 2" bumpstops and they rubbed inner fenders quite a bit wheelin with 11" travel shocks in front & 12" in rear. It got annoying...I recently switched to 17x8.5 with 4.05 backspacing and will be testing soon. I'd recommend backspacing of 4.5 or less to clear 37s wheelin. :beer:

Stalled and almost ripped off liners here....bent the body under fender a little.
Jeep Wrangler JL Need for MOPAR Beadlock Spacers? IMG_20200802_192958_710

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
This is sort of off topic, but I need some info and you all may have it. I bought a used set of Mopar beadlocks off of fb marketplace. The KO2 tires were leaking from the beadlocks. I removed the beadlock rings and found out that whoever mounted these tires had no idea what they were doing. The tire beads were pinched (not seated. Correctly). Anyways, I fixed the problems and now am ready to put them back together. I can't seem to find the proper torque specs online anywhere. The only installation instructions were for the non beadlock trim rings. Any help with this information would be appreciated. Also, I broke about 27 of the bolts off taking them out. I am putting new bolts in and plan on using some antiseize on them unless someone with more experience with beadlocks talks me out of it.