Sponsored

Need for High Steer with 3" and up lift kits.?.?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
For those that are going 3" and above on their lift kits, are you seeing manufacturers recommending doing a high steer set up flipping the drag link to install on top of the knuckle instead of below like from the factory?

Asking as I remember having to do that with my JK on a 3" Synergy Mfg. lift, however in that situation I had also installed their axle side track bar bracket which also raised the roll center of the Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kkuntz01

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I think I sussed out the answer I was looking for.

Needing to do a high steer would only be applicable when raising the track bar at the axle side with a relocation bracket like what I did on my JK with the Synergy lift.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there are many options, but I am very pleased with the @ROAM offroad high steer kit(Includes raised front trackbar bracket) in the front and raised rear trackbar bracket in the rear with my 4" Coils. Combined with the long arm kit it rides close to, if not better than stock even with my M/T's

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yes, above 3" it will make improvements in the way the vehicle handles. It's on my list to dos. Here we are a year later from this thread starting and still waiting on the top shelf guys like Synergy, AEV, etc to release a high steer kit for the JL/JT. Maybe we'll see them at SEMA.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I emailed Synergy about it a month ago and they said its coming out before end of year. I am running 3.5 evo kit with rear trackbar and mount. Waiting for someone to come out with front as well. But need to flex and measure as the draglink hitting the frame may limit up travel so Ive read.. If thats the case I may step down to 2.5 springs and trim the fenders.
Sponsored