Sponsored

Need diff carrier shims, any recommendations in LA area?

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered gear sets and the master overhaul Dana Spicer kits for my JLU sport however I realized too late that the front axle Dana 30 overhaul kit was used and doesn't have enough carrier shims, also had stock bolts in a bag. Was pretty upset.

Want to finish this job tomorrow and wondering if anyone has recommendations for places that might carry these shims for the carrier.

Napa, AutoZone, O'Reilly's etc don't have these. I'm assuming or hoping gear shops would.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered gear sets and the master overhaul Dana Spicer kits for my JLU sport however I realized too late that the front axle Dana 30 overhaul kit was used and doesn't have enough carrier shims, also had stock bolts in a bag. Was pretty upset.

Want to finish this job tomorrow and wondering if anyone has recommendations for places that might carry these shims for the carrier.

Napa, AutoZone, O'Reilly's etc don't have these. I'm assuming or hoping gear shops would.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Maybe try your local 4wp?

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
check with local 4x4 shops and gear shops, every master overhaul kit comes with a shim pack, they never need all of the shims and some shops will hold onto the extra shims

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
When I regeared my axles, I was in the same position as the OP. At the time, 4wheelparts had nothing at the main warehouses or at any of the stores, according to their system. That is the most useless offroad company ever.

I was in a rush as well, so I ordered some from Rockauto and Randy's (I forgot the rest of the company name) to see which arrived first. Fortunately, they both arrived quite fast.

OP
OP

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
4wp had jk shims but not ones that were the same size for the jl.

I won't be finishing the front up this weekend. So I'll be trying to finish the rear today and then front next weekend.

Also called local gear shops but no one was of any help.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
When I regeared my axles, I was in the same position as the OP. At the time, 4wheelparts had nothing at the main warehouses or at any of the stores, according to their system. That is the most useless offroad company ever.

I was in a rush as well, so I ordered some from Rockauto and Randy's (I forgot the rest of the company name) to see which arrived first. Fortunately, they both arrived quite fast.
Oh I know, I never buy anything there. Just thought they might have something in stock.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Oh I know, I never buy anything there. Just thought they might have something in stock.
I hear ya....I was desperate too, when I contacted them for shims. Of course, I wasn't surprised that they didn't have anything. I've always considered 4WP as the Denny's Restaurants of offroad suppliers. If all you want a generic grilled cheese sandwich (e.g., Rubicon Express, or one of their other brands), then you won't be let down with the low expectations.

I have a couple of their stores nearby, and my commute takes me right by their national headquarters/warehouse, and yet I only attempt using them if I need something quick (poor planning on my part).
Sponsored