Need both life warranty and scheduled Maintainance warrenty

dodo-skywalker

First Name
Jeeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hi just got new JLU, thinking to have a life time warrenty. And I currently have 120 month scheduled maintanance from dealer ($2300). Do I need to cance that and order life time warrenty? Or just keep them both? Thought?
Sponsored

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
Hi just got new JLU, thinking to have a life time warrenty. And I currently have 120 month scheduled maintanance from dealer ($2300). Do I need to cance that and order life time warrenty? Or just keep them both? Thought?
If its both lifetime maintenance and warranty thats a sick deal. make sure its not a BS secondary company that you have to file all the paperwork etc.

OP
OP

dodo-skywalker

First Name
Jeeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
If its both lifetime maintenance and warranty thats a sick deal. make sure its not a BS secondary company that you have to file all the paperwork etc.
so is schedule maintenance service insurance overlap with life time warrenty?

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
so is schedule maintenance service insurance overlap with life time warrenty?
Your question completely depends on what the contract says. For example FCA maxcare life excludes all maontnece items and labor of maintence. I would be hesitant to buy from any other than FCA but that’s just me.

OP
OP

dodo-skywalker

First Name
Jeeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Thx I think the scheduled maintainance is manufacturable. Just not sure if need it with life time warrenty

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thx I think the scheduled maintainance is manufacturable. Just not sure if need it with life time warrenty
They are two separate products for different things. Lifetime warranty does not cover scheduled maintenance. If I were to only have one, I would select the lifetime warranty over a maintenance plan. It depends on how long you plan to keep your Jeep. I don’t believe the FCA lifetime warranty is transferable to the next owner but that might vary by state.

Scheduled maintenance is predicable and relatively fixed costs, fluid changes, tire rotation and balance, filter changes, etc. Actually scheduled maintenance on modern vehicles are becoming less and less required. There’s just not much to do anymore.

Mechanical/electrical/computer failure is less predictable and comes at much higher costs. I think your money is better spent on an extended warranty especially if you plan to keep your vehicle.

The good news is you can purchase the FCA lifetime warranty up to 48 months or 48k miles so you have time to think about it and save for it.

Last edited:

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Warranties and maintenance contracts are usually two different contract arrangements. It is often cheaper to buy the warranty thru your bank or credit union. Get your maintenance contract thru a mechanic that you can trust to do quality work, which is not necessarily your dealer. Cheers.

OP
OP

dodo-skywalker

First Name
Jeeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
They are two separate products for different things. Lifetime warranty does not cover scheduled maintenance. If I were to only have one, I would select the lifetime warranty over a maintenance plan. It depends on how long you plan to keep your Jeep. I don’t believe the FCA lifetime warranty is transferable to the next owner but that might vary by state.

Scheduled maintenance is predicable and relatively fixed costs, fluid changes, tire rotation and balance, filter changes, etc. Actually scheduled maintenance on modern vehicles are becoming less and less required. There’s just not much to do anymore.

Mechanical/electrical/computer failure is less predictable and comes at much higher costs. I think your money is better spent on an extended warranty especially if you plan to keep your vehicle.

The good news is you can purchase the FCA lifetime warranty up to 48 months or 48k miles so you have time to think about it and save for it.
Thx, so there is clear line between maintainance and warrenty?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I will add one more thing on maintenance. First of all you are getting 4 free from Jeep Cares. Also the problem with maintenance plans is they go by the car and when it needs service. Sometimes that can be 10K miles between oil changes. If you really don't care and will just do the maintenance at those intervals how many times are you going to use it. For me I do maintenance for more than what is recommended and I find the prepaid maintenance to be a waste.

When I had my Mini they give you free maintenance, so obviously I took it. HOWEVER I was doing an additional maintenance stop in-between each of the free ones on my own dime. I just didn't have them reset any of the dummy lights so I could still get my free ones.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere, Aprilia Tuono, BMW S1000XR
Folks, you really need to research this stuff before you go to the dealership to buy a car. The time to ask questions is before not after.

If you are in the finance office and they show you something that you had not planned on buying then don't buy it. Those folks are there to upsell you a bunch of stuff and usually at extreme markups. Just buy the car.

In general prepaying for a maintenance plan is not a great idea especially if you are financing the vehicle.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thx, so there is clear line between maintainance and warrenty?
Yes. Teo separate things. Maintenance is what the manufacturer recommends at certain intervals, like oil changes, coolant changes, brake fluid changes, filter changes, spark plug, etc. Warranty is for when something does not work properly or is broken. Like your fuel pump goes out or a sensor goes bad and you get a check engine light (CEL). You can purchase both but they are exclusive of each other.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had a Lifetime Warranty from FCA on my Power Wagon. It was voided if you took it offroad. The warranty for Jeep is probably the same. Read the fine print:movember:

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Maintenance plan is a RIP off. All you have to do is follow the manual for service. And it's not very much or frequent. Life time warranty is good but you can get the Chrysler one online way cheaper.

OP
OP

dodo-skywalker

First Name
Jeeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Maintenance plan is a RIP off. All you have to do is follow the manual for service. And it's not very much or frequent. Life time warranty is good but you can get the Chrysler one online way cheaper.
thanks, is the maintainance free and how long i need to make it?
Sponsored