Need Anything Else - Synergy track bar and Brace

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So I have the Mopar 2 in lift on my Rubicon and after much research I think I am going to add the following but have a couple question below:
1. Should I do anything else while under there?
2. I am running stock 33s and plan to go to 35s - if I add the two items above will I be able to just "swap on" 35s later or will I need to do ANYTHING else - even if simply a re-alignment....just curious as I would want to avoid double duty if I can.
3. Any other things I should know / consider?

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the Mopar 2 in lift on my Rubicon and after much research I think I am going to add the following but have a couple question below:
1. Should I do anything else while under there?
2. I am running stock 33s and plan to go to 35s - if I add the two items above will I be able to just "swap on" 35s later or will I need to do ANYTHING else - even if simply a re-alignment....just curious as I would want to avoid double duty if I can.
3. Any other things I should know / consider?

1. Well if you really care about steering, you may consider tie-rod/draglink, but that is too much of work and investment. How about a Falcon/Fox steering stabilizer? You also want some more casters, so either Mopar LCA or aftermarket LCAs.

2. You will be perfectly fine to swap 35s. Plenty of stock sports do 35s no problem. Your Rubicon with lift, aftermarket track bar and reinforcement honestly is overkilled for 35s, even 37s will fit no issue.

3. Synergy brace is a bitch to put on, see my other posts.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
while you are doing the track bar add the Falcon adjustable 2.2 stabilizer. Yes it’s big money (320.00 approx)
but it will firm up the steering a bit. Since you need to drop the track bar to install it, you might as well get it over with while your installing the track bar.

6BE7C45E-09F2-47A7-9D01-056BEA030575.jpeg

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
1. Well if you really care about steering, you may consider tie-rod/draglink, but that is too much of work and investment. How about a Falcon/Fox steering stabilizer? You also want some more casters, so either Mopar LCA or aftermarket LCAs.

2. You will be perfectly fine to swap 35s. Plenty of stock sports do 35s no problem. Your Rubicon with lift, aftermarket track bar and reinforcement honestly is overkilled for 35s, even 37s will fit no issue.

3. Synergy brace is a bitch to put on, see my other posts.
1. Yeah I was thinking about a steering stabilizer. Do you really think new LCAs are needed?
3. Even though it is a pain to put on do you think it is worth it?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1. Yeah I was thinking about a steering stabilizer. Do you really think new LCAs are needed?
1. I think LCAs are definitely needed especially you have the Mopar "2 inch but really is 3+inch" lift. In terms of if you can notice a change in steering:

LCA (caster) > steering stabilizer > steering box adjustment (which I don't recommend) > track bar ~ draglink > tie-rod.

3. Now I installed it, I don't feel like it is doing much, not to the magical effects those influencers saying. Also it is a maintenance item, so you can't put it up and forget it, every once a while you need to check if bolts are still in place, and grease the bushing.

For you, I would recommend try one thing at a time, can be even several days apart, that way you will know which one actually improves.

Regardless what money or mods you throw at your JL, it will never "drive like a dream", at certain points you just have to forget about this and enjoy driving it to full extent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Now I installed it, I don't feel like it is doing much, not to the magical effects those influencers saying
So maybe I just go synergy front adj track bar and steering stabilizer (falcon or fox) for now....

also what your view or rear adj steering stabilizer at the same time i do this?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So maybe I just go synergy front adj track bar and steering stabilizer (falcon or fox) for now....

also what your view or rear adj steering stabilizer at the same time i do this?
There is no rear stabilizer, there is rear track bar, but it won't do much to steering, since you know.....you steering the front end.

The rear track bar can center your rear axle, and lessen body roll, but there is very little ROI on that, it should be on the bottom of priority list.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
LOL i know that - that was called me cutting and pasting my reply then not reading - so much for trying to save time with shortcuts! Hahha im not that dumb! Lol.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion is aftermarket front LCA's should be at the top of your list, along with a front adjustable track bar. If you didn't have a lift on your Rubicon, then the Mopar LCA's would be perfect. But with the lift, the Mopar LCA's aren't quite long enough to give you enough caster.

The LCA's will do more for the drivability of your Jeep then any of the other steering components you want to add. With only a 2" lift on your Rubicon, you can get away with fixed LCA's (like the Rock Krawler Adventure arms), which are cheaper than adjustable and are the perfect length if you're staying with a 2" lift. For a little more money, you can get adjustable arms.

Next on my list would be an adj. front track bar. If you can afford it, I believe the Synergy brace is a good investment. Adding the brace at the same time you install the track bar is a smart and efficient use of your time.

My Synergy brace went on easy and I have had no issues with it.

The stock tie rod and drag link are ok with 33-35" tires. But obviously the heavier duty stuff is better. It all depends on your budget and you can add them later if wanted/needed.

Then check your alignment (toe setting) to ensure your still within spec. Pretty cheap to do it yourself.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For a little more money, you can get adjustable arms.
Thanks for all the info. Easy to follow. Which adj LCAs would you recommend?

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info. Easy to follow. Which adj LCAs would you recommend?
I like the Rock Krawler and Metalcloak stuff. Clayton and Currie Johnny Joint arms are also very good. Those are the four manufacturers I have experience with (RK on my 18 JLUR) and am looking at for my 19 JLUR.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
the rear trackbar has more of an influence on steering and suspension than the front. the rear has geometry isseues.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You’ll probably get several different suggestions but I’ll echo Limeade on almost everything.

I’ve done ALL the options for the front. Haha. Mostly because I wanted to, didn’t need to. But did one at a Rome and this would be my suggestion based on ROI...

The track bar and brace first. The stiffer track bar helped with bumps and just stiffened up steering. The brace is really good insurance and did reduce the road wander. Not the “fix all” that YouTube folks claim. Also, some people have had issues removing the pitman arm but. I was worried and had no issues. Make sure you have the correct tools for the job. Use heat if the nut won’t come free with a proper breaker bar. It was easy and efficient use of time as limeade said.

next biggest improvement was caster. I also have 2” Mopar. Alignment shop showed caster was like 4.5. Installed myself and added 1/4” to LCA length. Thought I was good with home gauge. Took to alignment shop after a few weeks and caster was 5.6. Increased to 6.2. Noticeable drivability difference with each adjustment. Much nicer toad manners. I wanted low maintenance so did synergy but also really liked the metalcloak.

wouldn’t do drag link and tie rod unless you go bigger than 35 or a heavy tire. Same with SS, in my opinion.

the rear track bar improved road manners some. More than most give credit. Bumps were less disruptive and road wander was somewhat better.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Just curious as I have the 2" mopar lift as well but purchased the Jeep with the lift already on. Does the kit come with different LCAs to work with the lift?
Sponsored