Need advise RK 2.5 Max Travel/ 37’s and 4.76 BS

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Hello I purchased the RK 2.5 max travel with the rrd shocks I’m currently looking at a set of tires/ wheels that have 10k on them

37x12.5x17 BFG MT KM3’s on Venom Rex 501’s the wheels are 17x9 with a -6 offset (4.76 bs) I spoke to RK yesterday and they said I might see some rub on the lower control arms at full lock I even asked if that .25 difference in back space would prevent the rub and they said yes..

I’m not being cheap but I can save about 1k off new price but I don’t want to set myself up for failure.. I’d planned 35’s but this is a solid tire and fits the budget ( minus needing to upgrade to the high line fenders ) I don’t plan to do crazy wheeling it’s more just light trails / farm fields retrieving deer ect..
Jeep Wrangler JL Need advise RK 2.5 Max Travel/ 37’s and 4.76 BS 2F2ABDEC-673F-447C-9A3A-8E848F9C5CA5
Jeep Wrangler JL Need advise RK 2.5 Max Travel/ 37’s and 4.76 BS 72F8989C-E94A-40E0-BB62-27C54FAC0DF0
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You can adjust the steering stops to avoid the tires hitting the control arms, you will lose a little turning radius but it'll be small enough that you probably wont notice. I think it's either that or wheel spacers.

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I run rk 2.5 with 4.75 bs and 37x12.5/17 Goodyear mtrs and yes, rk says to have 4.5 bs or there will be rubbing. I don't know if they mean rubbing during full lock turning or stuffed offloading. After I installed my lift, I backed my steering stop bolts out 1.5 turns so my tires don't touch my lcas at all, even at full steering wheel lock. I haven't noticed any reduction in turning radius, although there must be a bit. I also have not noticed any rub during full stuff.

I also thought there may be some rub with the rear sway bar links, but there is plenty of room. I have no rub anywhere. None. You'll be fine with that setup.

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
You can adjust the steering stops to avoid the tires hitting the control arms, you will lose a little turning radius but it'll be small enough that you probably wont notice. I think it's either that or wheel spacers.
Good idea on the steering stops.. I’m use to driving my truck with no where near the turning radius that the Jeep has so loosing some shouldn’t be a big deal.. I definitely don’t want to run spacers..

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I run rk 2.5 with 4.75 bs and 37x12.5/17 Goodyear mtrs and yes, rk says to have 4.5 bs or there will be rubbing. I don't know if they mean rubbing during full lock turning or stuffed offloading. After I installed my lift, I backed my steering stop bolts out 1.5 turns so my tires don't touch my lcas at all, even at full steering wheel lock. I haven't noticed any reduction in turning radius, although there must be a bit. I also have not noticed any rub during full stuff.

I also thought there may be some rub with the rear sway bar links, but there is plenty of room. I have no rub anywhere. None. You'll be fine with that setup.
Which RK lift did you go with? Do you have high line fenders?

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I have the rk 2.5 adventure series 3 on a Rubicon. I believe rk advertises lift heights on a Rubicon, so you may actually see 3.5 inches of lift, but someone smarter than me can weigh in on that info.

OP
OP

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I have the rk 2.5 adventure series 3 on a Rubicon. I believe rk advertises lift heights on a Rubicon, so you may actually see 3.5 inches of lift, but someone smarter than me can weigh in on that info.
Yes I anticipate 4” with the plastic bumpers then 3-3.5 when I get the steels on
Sponsored