Need advice on order of lift components

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
Started with rubi shocks and springs on a 2dr sport s, added .5 rear puck then went to 2.5 rc spacer lift with shocks (kept the springs) and sway bar links and kept the rear puck. I have 37s and clear them, i can get about 95% flex with this setup and im happy with the look and stance.

Here's were i need the advice, I have ordered tera flex alpine ir lcas

what should i get next and why? rlca...ruca...uca...track bar.... drag link etc... rate in which order what do i need and what don't I? I am breaking it up just to make it more palatable to drop a grand or two to get a nice smooth ride

85% road 10% fire roads 5% moderate trails NO rocks sitting on 186/200 combo and i will break them eventually and i will go full rubi and regear then so just think suspension

I am looking to get it planted on the road, right now its squirrely as hell which is why i started with adjustable lcas

Thank you in advance
Sponsored

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Adjusting your caster angle would help remedy some of the loose feel in the steering. You could really get that dialed in with adjustable front upper and lower control arms. Any squirrely feeling after that is likely due to looseness in the steering joints so you'd want a new tie rod and drag link. Probably want to get a new steering stabilizer with the tie rod too.

Have fun!

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
After front lower control arms I would think some track bars would be in order with Rubi springs and pucks. Running 37's the track bar brace would be recommended.

OP
OP
GreatWhite13

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
whole new trackbar or bracket? 3.5-4 in lift

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After front lower control arms I would think some track bars would be in order with Rubi springs and pucks. Running 37's the track bar brace would be recommended.
whole new trackbar or bracket? 3.5-4 in lift
I agree with @RedundanT , the next items I'd add is front and rear track bars. As far as the track bar brace, he's referring to a front track bar bracket which reinforces the front track bar mount at the frame. Yes, with 37's, a brace is a solid and wise investment.

After trackbars, I'd get the following, in order of importance (my opinion):
BALL JOINTS - your 37's are going to quickly trash the stock ball joints. Dana Spicer HD are good, Dynatracs are better, but are also pretty pricey.
rear UCA's - to set rear pinion
rear LCA's - to center the axle (front to rear) in wheel well
front UCA's - because you'll need them.....eventually

Somewhere in there you should budget for an aftermarket tie rod and drag link. The stockers aren't that strong and 37's do exert a lot of force.

Going to 37's PROPERLY is no small investment. Literally everything in the suspension and steering (except for the steering box and stabilizer) should be changed out for stronger components. Failure to do so, will lead to poor steering, handling, and.......Death Wobble.

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Adjustable lower control arms to get caster up. Adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket will help get your axles recentered.

OP
OP
GreatWhite13

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
track bar f and r recommendations

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
track bar f and r recommendations
On the lower cost end you can get rough country front for $150 and a super lift track bar bracket for $50 for the rear. There are many other options which are great as well, but those are probably your lowest cost options. I’ve been running them for 12000ish miles without issue. Some hate rough country, so just look around and do some research.
Sponsored