Need advice on lifting my truck

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
my jeep days are over. Sadly i cannot get around anymore without being pulled over since the cops flagged me and literally go out of their way to chase me down. Its quite saddening to let it go, but i need my peace of mind.

i traded for a new 3500HD Diesel today and i would like for some insight and advice from you all.

Those who did the big lift kit on your trucks, was it worth it? Could you tow anything? Im stuck between a 9 inch lift with 40s, or a practical leveling kit with 35s/37s. I may be pulling a trailer some day for work, and dont know if its possible to pull a 7-10k trailer with a lift?
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just go with a leveling kit and 35s. Don’t go to 37s, as it will throw you ratios off and things start to break with 1000 ft lbs of torque.

Sounds like you need to blend in as much as possible. The bigger the lift the tougher it is to pull, and back, a trailer. Also, no exhaust, no tuner, no rolling smoke, no half a dozen lightbars and no weird chicken lights underneath or in the wheel wells. All of the crap that draws the wrong kind of attention.

Grille guards, bumpers, tool boxes, etc, go for it.

If you want a truck with a crazy lift and 40” tires, buy a 70s-90s straight axle truck and build one up. All giant lifts do to new trucks is ruin them.

Might not be what you want to hear, but that’s my take and the voice of experience.

Last edited: