Sponsored

Need advice on faulty Jeep, trade ins and new Jeep.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've see things like this on a carfax report, and when you go look at the service history. There was a Cayenne I was looking at a few years ago that showed a camshaft getting replaced - I steered clear of that one.
Well according to Carfax, the only things regarding repairs you will see are in relation to an accident. Now whether or not their services are of any use is a completely different conversation.
Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Though the issues are likely related to the rear axle, other items to be inspected are the:
  • Rear drive shaft
  • Muffler and associated brackets
  • Rear shocks
  • Rear Sway bar links
  • Gas tank, supports, and skids.
  • Rear bumper supports.
Just my $0.015 worth.
Though biased, the idea of a Rubicon is great.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Aldo thanks, and you are right. Right now I am worried that once it is out of warranty, the thought of paying a few thousands to get it fix everytime it starts to click will cause a considerable stress in owning the Jeep. I am planning to own it for a long time - and slowly upgrades it as time goes by (winch, lights etc). But your suggestions on using it until the warranty expired is a good idea. Again something to think about. Like you said - Wrangler are fun but no one buys them cause they are reliable. It is a very personal thing and to think that I am driving a faulty Wrangler - as stupid as sounds it sorta diminished my joy as I know that I have a faulty ride. I don't know if that make sense. I think owning a Wrangler is a very personal thing.

Thank you again.
Do you have the rear limited slip differential?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
They said that that was the problem and the replaced that about three/four months ago. Same thing happened - no sound then the clicking stealthily come back.
Well the factory LSD is garbage, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was your problem.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
one of your questions that I didn't see addressed is the order date for the '21's: NOW!

last day to order a '20 was 6/5, now only ordering for '21's which aren't scheduled to start building until 8/10

Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
AWESOME!!! That is just way too awesome. Thanks for the info.
I could be awesome: but in my daughter's case, she ordered a '20 BEFORE the cutoff & the dealer sat on the paperwork too long..now forced to get a '21...the thing that bothers her the most about this is that now she's got to wait longer to even get the jeep built :headbang::headbang:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Do you think that my subconscious is telling me something about you??
Negative. Your thought of a cat licking could be construed as too many things inappropriate to this thread and forum. :giggle:
see the words "limited slip" and turn it to something else.
:giggle:
I could be awesome:
It’s forum confirmed, you are awesome! :like:
but in my daughter's case, she ordered a '20 BEFORE the cutoff & the dealer sat on the paperwork too long..now forced to get a '21...the thing that bothers her the most about this is that now she's got to wait longer to even get the jeep built :headbang::headbang:
The nice thing for her is that you’ve multiple Wranglers in your home to satiate her appetite and carry her over until hers rolls off the delivery truck.

She’s fortunate to have a family that supports the Jeep addiction and is on board with the Jeep madness! Not very many people have families that offer that kind of emotional support.
Sponsored