McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So i've had my eyes set on the ARB HD lift kit for like 2 months now and my dealer just called me today saying its sold out and they have no ETA for parts.

I have almost 650lbs of extra weight of accessories on this rig at all times and I'm just running Sahara stock springs with a 2 inch spacer lift right now.

Will be using this primarily as a daily driver and I will only be riding on 34 inch tires max. Will also be my overlanding rig once rona clears up. Long distance driving so I wouldn’t want it too high and be able to handle tons of weight from gear and accessories.

Any suggestions for another lift kit or a custom setup? thanks a bunch y’all!
Sponsored

Last edited:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What we did for a customer that pulls an off-road camper was installed 2.5” springs in the front and 3.5” in the rear. Sits perfect with the camper. Metalcloak would be my suggestion for a company to buy the lift form. They run a little heavier spring rate to compensate for all the mods we typically add without hurting the ride!

Brett

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
So i've had my eyes set on the ARB HD lift kit for like 2 months now and my dealer just called me today saying its sold out and they have no ETA for parts.

I have almost 650lbs of extra weight of accessories on this rig at all times and I'm just running Sahara stock springs with a 2 inch spacer lift right now.

I need alternatives. Any recommendations?
Have you considered AEV. Normally on a stock vehicle their spring/shock set up is a bit on the stiff side but with that sort of weight should work really well. It’s not going to give you the best rock crawler in the world but much of the answer will be down to what you want to use the vehicle for.

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What we did for a customer that pulls an off-road camper was installed 2.5” springs in the front and 3.5” in the rear. Sits perfect with the camper. Metalcloak would be my suggestion for a company to buy the lift form. They run a little heavier spring rate to compensate for all the mods we typically add without hurting the ride!

Brett
is the metalcloak 2.5 more like a 3.5 for a sahara? Im afraid that may be a bit too tall for my condo garage clearance with my roof rack

OP
OP

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Have you considered AEV. Normally on a stock vehicle their spring/shock set up is a bit on the stiff side but with that sort of weight should work really well. It’s not going to give you the best rock crawler in the world but much of the answer will be down to what you want to use the vehicle for.
i’ve looked into AEV but im not a fan of the geometry correction brackets. I also noticed i will need to buy a front track bar as its not included in the kit. i’ll rather spend a bit more money and get everything i need in one kit.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
is the metalcloak 2.5 more like a 3.5 for a sahara? Im afraid that may be a bit too tall for my condo garage clearance with my roof rack
On lifts, the rubicon is the gold standard they are measured off of. A 2.5” lift is 2.5“ on a rubicon. On the sports and saharas, they are generally around 1.25-1.5” lower than a rubicon. You saying a 2.5” is like a 3.5” is exactly right if not just a little low.

brett
Sponsored