Sponsored

Need advice -Lift,Sidesteps,Rockrails JLUR 4 Dr

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Hi. We are getting close to delivery, my husband is waiting for me to pick which rails/steps I want. Need to order so we can have them put on before we leave the dealer with it. Please post pics of ones you all like, and please let me know what stinks. This is my daily driver. But I do need a base to help me up. I'm 5 feet. We will be getting a lift as well. Which Lift kit? Mopar?

The ones that come with the Rubicon are not enough. This is our 1st Jeep. We want to do this right the 1st time. We don't think we want the ones that are exactly like what comes on the new JL Sahara. Or maybe we do... lol

Where to look... Mopar, Quadratec, Jeep World... I have searched them on line. Hard for me to tell which is the best one. Price range between $250-$850.

Thank you!
CK
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Well...I'm doing quite a bit to my Jeep Rubicon when I get it...some of the choices that I have made are as follows and those choices come with strong recommendations from the Jeep community in central Texas. A lot of it is just going to depend on how deep your pockets arebecause you can spend a crap ton of money on customizations.

Lift Kit -- Mopar 2" (was going to hold out for the Teraflex lift kit but they are not releasing their JL lift until mid-summer...and, it will pretty much be copied from the Mopar lift so that is the one I chose...about $1450). To the best of my knowledge, no one else has a good quality lift for the JL out yet.
Rock Rails/Sliders - NFab Nerf Step Bar Wheel to Wheel (about $380)

If you'd like to know what else I'm putting on, let me know and I'll publish the list but since you've just specified lift and side steps, that's all I've listed here.

zodleviton

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...still waiting
I'm planning on doing the EXACT same thing as W5MQS...Dunno if that helps, or if this post is worthless.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I'm still leaning towards this for my Rubi. I like the way it flows with the fenders. I guess it's not Rubi like though.

Mopar_Production_Style_Side_Steps_JL_4_Door.jpg

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Doesn't have to be "Rubi-like"...that's what makes these customizations fun and unique. There are so many options, you can do what makes you happy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ckorte13

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I'm still leaning towards this for my Rubi. I like the way it flows with the fenders. I guess it's not Rubi like though.

Mopar_Production_Style_Side_Steps_JL_4_Door.jpg
Hi! We have the same color. Just picked ours up on April 20th. What side steps did you go with? Can you share a few pictures? Thank you.
CK

OP
OP
ckorte13

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I really like the ROAM steps. They are on my wifes JL now since she needs them more than I do, but I have another set coming in the near future.
DSC_0922.JPG
Wow. We have the same jeep. Cool. I do like those steps. What were your thoughts for not using MOPAR?

OP
OP
ckorte13

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Wow. We have the same jeep. Cool. I do like those steps. What were your thoughts for not using MOPAR?
Do the steps stick out as wide as the fender, or are they a bit thin, narrow? How are the lights at night?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
These are steel, I believe the Mopar are plastic. I also like the look of these a lot better, and the fact that they will provide better protection than the plastic steps.

Do the steps stick out as wide as the fender, or are they a bit thin, narrow? How are the lights at night?
They are pretty much flush with the fenders. The back sticks out a little but the way they contoured the end it looks very nice.
I have the pre-production model(they are now on my wifes JL since she & the kids needs them a lot more than I do) but as soon as I receive the production variant that includes a wiring harness I will let you know how the lights are.

Here are a few better pics
DSC_0915.JPG
DSC_0939.JPG

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
TTE Chris just to confirm those Roam steps are frame mounted sliders as well??

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I installed the Mopar step sides. Besides a step, They also act as mud flaps and help keep rocks etc from being slung up on the side of my Jeep from front tires. I don't like the looks of mudflaps and this helps alot.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Photos? May have to go that way as well as i also want to try and cut back on the rocks thrown back onto the body and rear fenders .. IU assume those are the $900. ones?

I installed the Mopar step sides. Besides a step, They also act as mud flaps and help keep rocks etc from being slung up on the side of my Jeep from front tires. I don't like the looks of mudflaps and this helps alot.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am a big fan of the Rock Slide Engineering drop down steps and plan on installing them on my JLUR in the next few weeks. I had the AMP Research PowerSteps on my JKUR and they functioned great, but could not act as sliders. The RSE drop downs are functional rock sliders, in addition to being a power step drop down. A bit pricey maybe, but I like them.

https://www.rockslideengineering.com/jl-4d-step-sliders.html
Sponsored