Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I havent ordered yet. I have a loaded 2017 TRD OR Tacoma that I don't hate. Just obsessing over a Mojito JLU Rubi, got 5% under invoice from dealer in Phoenix but hestiant to pull the trigger as even my mildly specked one its still alot of money and not sure I'm a Jeep guy 100% yet. Lol. I did inquire about the financing and he didnt say anything. The $500 nonrefundable deposit makes me hesitate otherwise I'd order and just decide come 3 months from now, lol. Good luck.
Oh I see, yea I'm solving this tomorrow. I actually just opened an email from another local dealer that comes in at $731 more and I can bring my own financing. I know some say I can refinance right away, I'm just worried they force add ons come time to sign since they control the financing. There's always some gimmick, I'd rather pay more and bring my own funds. I just have to stop comparing every deal to mine. Sure, some states have great discounts and low dealer fees, but I physically cannot travel and shipping outweighs savings. I'm in a position where I'll take what I can get, at this point anything under invoice is good. The new dealer is giving me 5% under with $899 in fees.

I get it, I've been lurking as well and many times I was about to pull the trigger I backed out because my JKU rides so great and I don't need a new model headache. But, good luck to you and don't stick around too much...you will catch the bug and buy one fairly soon.
Sponsored

zachmx

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
I detailed my Taco today hoping to rekindle some love and did, until I saw Ben (Mojit_ohio) post up some new pics and so much drool. Such a big freaking decision.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I detailed my Taco today hoping to rekindle some love and did, until I saw Ben (Mojit_ohio) post up some new pics and so much drool. Such a big freaking decision.
Yea, thankfully my wife hasn't seen too many JLUR's...mostly JLU sport around here and she doesn't even notice them :giggle:

I think she just likes the hood stickers, I had to say that before someone else.

zachmx

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
Bahaha. My helped my mom find a granite crystal rubi when I came back from my deployment last month, got to drive it for 2 days and fell in LOVE. I could totally see myself in one, off roading, cars and coffee, and mojito....um.

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
So I finally decided before I throw in the towel I ask you guys what you would do. So far this forum has helped me tons, and I hope you guys can help me on this.

I got a local dealer to give me 7% under invoice and their dealer fee is about $1200 (which is high but theyā€™re local). What throws me off is they require I finance with their banks. I told them I want to use my CU and they said they cannot allow that.

How should I approach this, they actually let me walk today when I showed up with deposit in hand. They wonā€™t budge. Should I be worried about them running my credit and sticking me with a crazy interest or will they give me the interest I qualify for without modifying it? I just donā€™t know how this works...

Please help guys, I know some of you are younger and more sharp. My old eyes might miss a thing or two
I donā€™t get it. As far as they are concerned you are paying cash for the Jeep since you are financing somewhere else.
I have a very short fuse for this kind of thing. If they told me I have to finance with them for a better deal than cash, I would walk away. No question.

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
Would I solve this whole issue by telling them Iā€™ll only finance $10k with them. In case their loan wonā€™t let me refinance the total loan is only $10k. I donā€™t know anymore, Iā€™m about to throw in the towel and wait.
I would walk. They sound sketchy. Or you can tell them you'll finance with them if they beat 2.9%. Their 7% below invoice is being washed away by all of their bs.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I only had $130 dealer fees in Arkansas! Just to compare for you.
6 percent under invoice and I brought cashiers check!

No haggles no add onā€™s just pick it up and leave.

Do not let the dealer control the deal! Itā€™s your money. Figure up total cost you are looking at and then compare with other dealers that may be giving less discount but more breaks, like your own financing!

As for your current dealer. Tell them straight up what your financing percentage is at your credit union and tell him you will not accept anything over that from his bank. If it is even a half a percent you will walk at last minute with your deposit and have him put that in writing. Tell him you want no other add onā€™s whatsoever or extended warranty if that is your decision, up front.

Now I would have no issue giving my financing percentage to the dealer if it matches or is within .1 %. They do need to make money also. But you do not need to get screwed in the process. Feel free to tell them this upfront.

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture
It is a dealer trick to add another fee for handling the financing for you. Had a dealer try to do the same thing to me. I always ask for out the door price from a dealer so I can compare dealers because they all have different fees for different things. I talked to about ten different dealers before i settled on a price. Sometime you have to finance with the dealer if there are incentives to get them but FCA does not have incentives on the wrangler JL. Keep shopping and good luck.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I only had $130 dealer fees in Arkansas! Just to compare for you.
Dealer DOC fees are regulated at the State level so every State will be different. Arkansas has a cap of $129 for a DOC fee. In Illinois we have a cap of $174.95.

I think the OP bought in FL where there is NO cap on DOC fees.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You guys made my decision easier. Itā€™s just not worth the bs to potentially save a few bucks. At time of signing theyā€™ll stick me with more fees and raise my rate Iā€™m sure. Iā€™ll keep looking for an up front dealer. I have one locally that comes in at:

Msrp 51817
Invoice 48886
Price 46,487

And I can bring my own funds. After fees theyā€™re $700 over the dealer that requires financing. Does this deal sound good for being local? Itā€™s 5% under invoice

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
You guys made my decision easier. Itā€™s just not worth the bs to potentially save a few bucks. At time of signing theyā€™ll stick me with more fees and raise my rate Iā€™m sure. Iā€™ll keep looking for an up front dealer. I have one locally that comes in at:

Msrp 51817
Invoice 48886
Price 46,487

And I can bring my own funds. After fees theyā€™re $700 over the dealer that requires financing. Does this deal sound good for being local? Itā€™s 5% under invoice
Can you get the extra 1% for joining the thread lightly program? This is done by a lot of forum members. Itā€™s legit and only cost $100 and is backed by the FCA

Circlep

First Name
DeWayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 04Chevy 2500HD/ duramax, Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Msrp 51817
Invoice 48886
Price 46,487

Yes that is a good deal if the out the door price is 5% below invoice. If its a local dealer that's even better.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Can you get the extra 1% for joining the thread lightly program? This is done by a lot of forum members. Itā€™s legit and only cost $100 and is backed by the FCA
He doesnā€™t require tread lightly or even care for it. He just said ā€œthis is the best I can do, bring your own financingā€. I can probably save a few hundred out of state but I think having bought a wrangler where I service it means something..?

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
He doesnā€™t require tread lightly or even care for it. He just said ā€œthis is the best I can do, bring your own financingā€. I can probably save a few hundred out of state but I think having bought a wrangler where I service it means something..?
Not really the service department is separate from sells. They need all the work they can get to keep their bottom line positive.

Good luck in where ever you get your Jeep from, I know you will love it!
Sponsored