Sponsored

Need advice, currently have RC 2.5in spacer lift, looking at getting a proper lift, should I go with 2.5 or 3 inch lift?

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I have steel front and rear bumpers, a 12k synthetic line winch, also looking at getting some undercarriage armor in the future.

If I go with the 3 inch lift, would I have to worry about the drive shafts with the added weight of the bumpers and winch and potential armor.

Our be better to go with the 2.5inch

Thanks
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2.75ish lift(Mopar) and no stock driveline issues. What tire height are you looking at?

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have same RC 2.5 spacer and debating the MetalCloak 2.5 or 3.5 lift. Curious to see what you end up with and why?

I need to research more and likely plan to invest in additional steering components if I go up to 3.5". This is not needed at 2.5? I also want to tow a small offroad camper/trailer and worried about the shock options and if an adjustable shock is needed. But that may be a convo for a diff thread.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I have a rubicon and wanted to put 37s on as soon as possible so went with rough country spacer lift before ultimately deciding on a mopar lift. I added the “extra” parts to make it much better so have been happy with the lift but if I could go back would think about rock krawler 2.5 and add bilstein shocks to it. No driveshaft issues with the mopar lift. Pic below is with mopar lift. Have done plenty of off roading too.

95E05EE0-A771-4B28-98A6-EC6C0F6026B9.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have steel front and rear bumpers, a 12k synthetic line winch, also looking at getting some undercarriage armor in the future.

If I go with the 3 inch lift, would I have to worry about the drive shafts with the added weight of the bumpers and winch and potential armor.

Our be better to go with the 2.5inch

Thanks
35's and a 2.5" lift would be the cats meow on your Sport.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have same RC 2.5 spacer and debating the MetalCloak 2.5 or 3.5 lift. Curious to see what you end up with and why?

I need to research more and likely plan to invest in additional steering components if I go up to 3.5". This is not needed at 2.5? I also want to tow a small offroad camper/trailer and worried about the shock options and if an adjustable shock is needed. But that may be a convo for a diff thread.
You really can't go wrong with Metalcloak. Your Rubicon can take larger tires, and the lift to clear them, because of the larger axles and lower gearing. The question is, what size tire do you want? That will determine whether you need a 2.5" or 3.5" lift.

Even a stock Jeep, of any model, can benefit greatly from an upgrade to the steering linkages. In fact, the ride and handling will get better and better as all the factory linkages in the steering and suspension get replaced. Especially when larger tires and lift enters the equation. They both give the driven surface more leverage over the frame and body, so it pays to beef up the connecting points between the frame and axles.

As far as on and off towing, another option to look at is air bags that ride inside the rear springs. Simply air them up to relevel the Jeep, and deflate them when not towing. It's the springs that determine ride height.
Sponsored