Sponsored

Need Advice, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubi will not start!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

im going to go with the switch bracket is loose and moved away from the engaugment point after a few "stomp on it" it reach up shove a piece of cardboard between the pedal arm and the switch start it and drive her to the dealer.. thats assuming its a manual switch not a pressure switch on the hydro line. ill take a look at mine when i get home
Sponsored

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr
Occupation
Motorman
im going to go with the switch bracket is loose and moved away from the engaugment point after a few "stomp on it" it reach up shove a piece of cardboard between the pedal arm and the switch start it and drive her to the dealer.. thats assuming its a manual switch not a pressure switch on the hydro line. ill take a look at mine when i get home

I think it has a pressure switch on the hydraulic line. I cannot find a switch, unless I’m missing something.

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr
Occupation
Motorman
Hey everyone, Thanks for your help, dealership called and said it was a bad switch. Ordered a switch, will come in Tuesday.

First Name
Brian-Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 6SPEED
Mopar Clutch Starter Interlock Switch
Mopar 68029261AA Clutch Starter Interlock Switch for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT

I recently had this ongoing issue. I got so fed up, dealer says it’s fine because it started for them. All for a freakin $30 switch.
The above part number is the interlock switch needed in all manual JL’s. A monkey could install this. It’s located on the drivers side, just on the side of the clutch master cylinder.

Takes one minute to install. So if you ever are in a jam you can just Hotwire it there as well if you’re stranded and it won’t start. It’s a new magnetic sensor that senses the clutch slave rod extending and the magnet picks this up and allows you to start your Jeep.

just though you guys might find this useful and I couldn’t find this anywhere.

Cheers!

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

There is also this “Clutch pedal position sensor” in my 2021 JLUR. Do you guys know what it does exactly and whether it can affect Jeep start-up?

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-clutch-pedal-sensor-68333561ab

My interlock switch (https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...tarter-interlock-switch-68029261aa-68029261aa) appears to be working OK, but I can only start in 4L mode. So, I’m suspecting it’s the first sensor I’m inquiring about above. However, I’m having hard time finding any info on that clutch pedal position sensor.

Last edited:

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Mopar Clutch Starter Interlock Switch
Mopar 68029261AA Clutch Starter Interlock Switch for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT

I recently had this ongoing issue. I got so fed up, dealer says it’s fine because it started for them. All for a freakin $30 switch.
The above part number is the interlock switch needed in all manual JL’s. A monkey could install this. It’s located on the drivers side, just on the side of the clutch master cylinder.

Takes one minute to install. So if you ever are in a jam you can just Hotwire it there as well if you’re stranded and it won’t start. It’s a new magnetic sensor that senses the clutch slave rod extending and the magnet picks this up and allows you to start your Jeep.

just though you guys might find this useful and I couldn’t find this anywhere.

Cheers!
Where is that, that it was only 1 minute to install?
Sponsored