Sponsored

Need Advice, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubi will not start!!

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr
Occupation
Motorman
I am having an issue with my 2019 Rubi. This is the second time this happens, the only difference is, this time I cannot get it to turn over. The first time it happened, I had about 600 miles on the ODO, took about 5 minutes to get it started, I had to slam on the clutch pedal for it to start. The second time happened last night while on my way to work. I stopped by a 7/11, got in and the truck wouldn't start, slammed on the clutch pedal and good to go. This morning after my tour, I tried to start her to no avail. Slamming the clutch pedal did not do the trick. checked all fuses, tried locking the doors with the key fob... Nothing. I have a $50K paper weight. Any ideas as to what may be causing the problem? I figured I try here before I call road side.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Probably the clutch sensor. I don’t have a manual so I don’t know specifically what to do about it, but I’m assuming you can’t start it (normally) without pressing the clutch, yeah?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
It is a Jeep thing, just slam it harder.

Joking aside, it is likely the clutch sensor and you are better off to have dealer fix it, rather than work on it yourself.

iPooted83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Joking aside, it is likely the clutch sensor and you are better off to have dealer fix it, rather than work on it yourself.
^^^This. Warranty should cover it.

Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
If you can get into 4lo should start if clutch switch is bad. 4lo bypasses switch
Not on my JLUR it won't, I think they took that feature out since they have brake hill hold now

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Motorman
Probably the clutch sensor. I don’t have a manual so I don’t know specifically what to do about it, but I’m assuming you can’t start it (normally) without pressing the clutch, yeah?
Yep, can't start it unless I'm pressing down on the clutch

I guess now I have to figure out a good time to have it towed, good thing its at the parking lot.

^^^This. Warranty should cover it.
Yep, Was hoping that maybe I was having a senior moment, hate going to the dealer.

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Motorman
If you can get into 4lo should start if clutch switch is bad. 4lo bypasses switch
great, I hope this works, thanks. :clap:

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Motorman
Not on my JLUR it won't, I think they took that feature out since they have brake hill hold now
:headbang: Can I disable the brake hill assist feature and place in 4LO, or maybe remove a fuse. sorry, im going for a Hail Mary. At least I won't need to have it towed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GothamRiG

If you do have to get it to the dealership, your MUST have it flat bedded there. Do not tow it there.

Call FCA Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997 and tell them you need it taken to dealership.. you are broken down.

They will arrange for and they will pay for, the trip to the dealership.

You MUST specifically tell the agent that answers, that the owner's manual says Flat Bed only or you may very well not have a flat bed truck show up. Anyway, do not tow it, Flatbed it.

Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
:headbang: Can I disable the brake hill assist feature and place in 4LO, or maybe remove a fuse. sorry, im going for a Hail Mary. At least I won't need to have it towed.
No idea as I've never tried that but I doubt it. As Rinebeck said though make sure you get it flatbedded if you tow

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
If the Clutch 'sensor' is actually just a switch, you could just unhook it and connect the 2 wires together to bypass it.

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Motorman
@GothamRiG

If you do have to get it to the dealership, your MUST have it flat bedded there. Do not tow it there.

Call FCA Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997 and tell them you need it taken to dealership.. you are broken down.

They will arrange for and they will pay for, the trip to the dealership.

You MUST specifically tell the agent that answers, that the owner's manual says Flat Bed only or you may very well not have a flat bed truck show up. Anyway, do not tow it, Flatbed it.
Thanks, will definitely flat bed it.

OP
OP
GothamRiG

GothamRiG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Motorman
If the Clutch 'sensor' is actually just a switch, you could just unhook it and connect the 2 wires together to bypass it.
I was looking for the “switch”, could not find it. I think it’s way up in there.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I haven’t ever looked at mine so I don’t know.
Sponsored