Sponsored

Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show!

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just an update I’m about 350 miles into the break in (100 left muahaha) and it’s shifting nice and smooth, the pedal feel has softened up a tad, still firmer than stock which is great. Performance wise it feels like I’ve got 50 more hp at low rpm. Probably my favorite mod so far and I haven’t even wheeled it yet
Sponsored

TahoeTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Calling all manual JL owners!! I found a law firm that is taking inquiries on the JL clutch recall. I urge everyone to take a minute to fill out their intake form at the link below. It’s super fast. Spread the word!!! FCA / Stellantis NEEDS to be held accountable for their negligence in dealing with their clutch issues. Maybe if there’s enough interest we can get a class action going. It’s not about the 25 cent postcard we’ll each get in 10 years after the suit is settled, it’s about holding them accountable!

https://www.schmidtandclark.com/jeep-wrangler-recall-lawsuit

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Hey all, I'm working to place an order via OK4WD for the KCFT157077 (CFII) clutch kit and apparently its out of stock with the suppliers.

I sent an email to CF to see what the latest is but wanted to check in and see if anybody has received CF clutch kit recently and if so from where?

Thanks!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update I’m about 350 miles into the break in (100 left muahaha) and it’s shifting nice and smooth, the pedal feel has softened up a tad, still firmer than stock which is great. Performance wise it feels like I’ve got 50 more hp at low rpm. Probably my favorite mod so far and I haven’t even wheeled it yet
I can't even imagine. Mine climbs like a goat now with the stock clutch and 5.13 gears. Sounds like the heavier flywheel is a huge upgrade...

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I can't even imagine. Mine climbs like a goat now with the stock clutch and 5.13 gears. Sounds like the heavier flywheel is a huge upgrade...
It is yes I got to wheel it this weekend and there was a significant difference, it’s much harder to stall now. I’m on 40’s and 5.13 gears, I was considering going to 5.38 but I don’t think I’ll need to now

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
It is yes I got to wheel it this weekend and there was a significant difference, it’s much harder to stall now. I’m on 40’s and 5.13 gears, I was considering going to 5.38 but I don’t think I’ll need to now
Yeah wow, I can just imagine the momentum increase.. it just wants to tank with that heavier flywheel. It's def on my list of upgrades.. I need to get mine into the dealer for a few things and if they refuse the clutch replacement (which I assume they will at 43k) miles, I'll be on track for a centerforce replacement.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeah wow, I can just imagine the momentum increase.. it just wants to tank with that heavier flywheel. It's def on my list of upgrades.. I need to get mine into the dealer for a few things and if they refuse the clutch replacement (which I assume they will at 43k) miles, I'll be on track for a centerforce replacement.
You’ll love it I still might do the 5.38 but I need to upgrade my front axle first

Fredmilo

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 1995 YJ, 1950 M38
Hey all, I'm working to place an order via OK4WD for the KCFT157077 (CFII) clutch kit and apparently its out of stock with the suppliers.

I sent an email to CF to see what the latest is but wanted to check in and see if anybody has received CF clutch kit recently and if so from where?

Thanks!
I ordered that clutch around July 10, was told by CF it’s backordered around a month. I received my clutch around August 10. I ordered it direct from Center Force. Not installed yet.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I ordered that clutch around July 10, was told by CF it’s backordered around a month. I received my clutch around August 10. I ordered it direct from Center Force. Not installed yet.
awesome, thanks for letting me know.

This sure is harder to get then the clutches I used in my fox body Mustang days hah.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Request, can someone that has installed the latest version of the CF clutch can you please post the install instructions.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
awesome, thanks for letting me know.

This sure is harder to get then the clutches I used in my fox body Mustang days hah.
Update. Just placed an order with OK4WD and had emailed Centerforce directly. ETA for me is looking like end of September. This is for the KCFT157077 (CFII) clutch kit.

Can't wait!

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Ordered CF II from Quad, today it updated to in shipping...I just hope this version is perfected. I'm replacing my OEM which has been fine (2021 Sahara) but I'm keeping this Jeep for long haul and don't want to worry about my kids safety!
Sponsored