Sponsored

Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show!

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
The “Chewie howl” has supposedly been resolved with the new model.
I just spoke with one of their engineers all of a few days ago who assured me it has not been resolved as the issue isnt coming from their clutch.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just spoke with one of their engineers all of a few days ago who assured me it has not been resolved as the issue isnt coming from their clutch.
Well that conflicts with all of the information I’ve seen on the new iteration that was just released. The sound is caused by an alignment issue that has been resolved with the new pilot bushing.

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Well that conflicts with all of the information I’ve seen on the new iteration that was just released. The sound is caused by an alignment issue that has been resolved with the new pilot bushing.
Are you talking about the pilot bearing they used to include with the for alignment?

I was also told this was no longer included with the new clutches as they remachined the disk alignment tool you stick into the flywheel. Has anyone posted pictures of the pilot bearing? Websites selling the clutch say its included but it shouldn't be, not sure if that is what you were going off of.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are you talking about the pilot bearing they used to include with the for alignment?

I was also told this was no longer included with the new clutches as they remachined the disk alignment tool you stick into the flywheel. Has anyone posted pictures of the pilot bearing? Websites selling the clutch say its included but it shouldn't be, not sure if that is what you were going off of.
No, this is a completely redesigned clutch that comes with new hydraulics as well. I don’t think the engineer you spoke to was up to speed.

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
No, this is a completely redesigned clutch that comes with new hydraulics as well. I don’t think the engineer you spoke to was up to speed.
So you're saying there is a pilot bearing that is used?

Edit: Just to report, I have the newest revision and it still makes the howl. But again, it doesn't happen on all rigs. I also haven't installed the hydraulic kit, mainly cause I was told it wasn't going to help with the noise so I haven't been in a rush to get it on.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Edit: Just to report, I have the newest revision and it still makes the howl. But again, it doesn't happen on all rigs. I also haven't installed the hydraulic kit, mainly cause I was told it wasn't going to help with the noise so I haven't been in a rush to get it on.
Bummer. How long have you had it? I was under the impression that the new version just started shipping.

OP
OP
JEEP4U

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Isn't the transmission shaft now supported with the addition of a so called "pilot bearing" from Centerforce that should eliminate the alignment issue?
There is not a pilot on the input shaft of this transmission......

Jeep Wrangler JL Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show! 1659062781335

OP
OP
JEEP4U

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Curious, did you have to add an aluminum spacer to your original slave cylinder, like the one that is now included in the new Centerforce kit??? See below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show! 1659063113714

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Curious, did you have to add an aluminum spacer to your original slave cylinder, like the one that is now included in the new Centerforce kit??? See below.

1659063113714.png
No idea, I paid for the two installs. I can take a look at the original one when I install the hydraulic kit.

For the record, I do love my Centerforce clutch and would do it all over again. It's an awesome clutch for rock crawling and the company itself has been great to work with.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No idea, I paid for the two installs. I can take a look at the original one when I install the hydraulic kit.

For the record, I do love my Centerforce clutch and would do it all over again. It's an awesome clutch for rock crawling and the company itself has been great to work with.
Well they need to quit rushing garbage to market if they haven’t resolved the chewie chatter yet.

Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
To the right and down of the throwout bearing, isn't that a pilot bearing?
Jeep Wrangler JL Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show! Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 04.58.36

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
To the right and down of the throwout bearing, isn't that a pilot bearing?
Jeep Wrangler JL Need a New Centerforce Clutch KDF157077 for your Jeep JLUR........Smoke and Mirror Show! Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 04.58.36
Yes, this is not included even though they are showing it in the picture. It was originally used with the alignment tool, the newest revision of the clutch has an updated alignment tool where the bearing is no longer needed to assist with alignment.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@LuckyShooter , Thanks advertising is misleading and this is on the manufacturer.

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Kudos to CF for working on a solution. Why isn't jeep fixing this problem. I'm fairly certain manuals have been around since 1941. :scratching head:
Sponsored