Sponsored

Near Death Wobble

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
It wasn't a full death wobble, but a mini version in my JLR 2dr with 6k miles. I was turning off of a side street with my wheels nearly straightened out when I hit a bump which started a side to side steering oscillation that lasted at least 5 full seconds. I'm guessing I was doing around 20mph when I hit the bump and the oscillations only ended when I braked to a near stop. It wasn't very violent, but there was noticeable vehicle shake with back and forth movement of the steering wheel.

This happened this morning and I did considerable driving afterwards on rough city roads trying to detect any reproducible phenomenon in the steering/suspension to no avail. I'm going to take it in to have the alignment and suspension checked, but l'd appreciate any advice on whether there are more specific causes I should ask the dealer to look into.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There are at least 4 threads about the wobble, shudder, etc. issue that have great advice. There are even videos demonstrating the problem. Be sure the dealer checks the torque on all steering related components. Some have had their track bars replaced to fix it, but it could be caused by other reasons as well.

Last edited:

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
There are at least 4 threads about the wobble, shudder, etc. issue that have great advice. There are even videos demonstrating the problem. Be sure the dealer checks the torque on all steering related components. Some have had their track bars replaced to fix it, but it could be caused by other reasons as well.
I really hope Jeep addresses this. No talk of death wobble and then all of a sudden reports keep coming in.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I was at 6400 miles this morning and my JLUR had a nasty death wobble, almost went into the ditch...it starts at 41mph and is violent.. goes to shop tomorrow.. it has the Mopar lift with 37’s.... first issue I’ve had
Sponsored