Sponsored

Navigation Has No Voice and Radio Volume Lowers Intermittently While Driving.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I noticed while driving and using my Navigation for a destination that when turns ahead are listed on the instrument panel that the Navigation voice prompts for same are missing. Simultaneously the radio volume lowers as normal but still no Navigation voice. Anyone else experiencing this? Of course this problem appears after the U connect update, but may just be a coincidence.
Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may have reset the volume of the navigation voice volume itself. I have found that the steering wheel volume control will control only the activity sending the audio signal. If you have Siri reading you messages and you turn the volume up, it will only increase the volume of Siri and not the audio it’s overriding.

The same is true for turn by turn directions and navigation alerts. I accidentally was turning the volume down during navigation once but wasn’t paying attention and ended up in the same situation.
On the touchscreen, you can go to navigation settings and set the volume there (from memory so I may be off on the setting location). You can also use the volume rocker on the steering wheel and during the next turn alert, increase the volume of it.

hope that helps!

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Similarly what you can do when you notice the radio getting low is to quickly use the dial to turn the volume up. While the navigation is attempting to speak, it auto lowers the radio obviously, and enables the volume controls briefly to adjust the nav volume.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This may have reset the volume of the navigation voice volume itself. I have found that the steering wheel volume control will control only the activity sending the audio signal. If you have Siri reading you messages and you turn the volume up, it will only increase the volume of Siri and not the audio it’s overriding.

The same is true for turn by turn directions and navigation alerts. I accidentally was turning the volume down during navigation once but wasn’t paying attention and ended up in the same situation.
On the touchscreen, you can go to navigation settings and set the volume there (from memory so I may be off on the setting location). You can also use the volume rocker on the steering wheel and during the next turn alert, increase the volume of it.

hope that helps!
Ok I'll try this out. If this fixes the volume then it's something I did lol. I remember adjusting the volume when the Navigation system was trying to announce the next turn. I honestly didn't know that the nav volume is adjustable..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's good to know for sure! I was able to duplicate this on my Jeep just like the video. So, its easy to see how I inadvertently lowered the navigation volume while it was talking. I hope I'm not the only person who has had this problem LOL. Thanks to everyone for the help!
Sponsored