Sponsored

Nav voice guidance issue

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
I haven’t tryed rebooting. I’ll try that thanks. As for the other maps. Those work but it’s more I that I payed more for the navigation and want it to work right. I like the built in nav. Its just kinda annoying. Mind you this is the only issue I’ve had after 12,000 miles. So far my rubi has been pretty reliable.
Ever get it figured out? Mine just started this a few weeks ago. Tried rebooting and that did not help. Dealer couldn't figure it out and said they would open a star case but I have heard nothing from them for a couple weeks.
Sponsored

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
LOL, Thanks for humoring me and I totally get it. We can all dream can't we? Maybe an App manufacturer could find interest in this? I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be interested in changing the Nav voice with a downloadable App. Maybe an Arnold Schwarzenegger, Samual Jackson or Pee Wee Herman? Could be a great product.....
Bahahahahaha

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
I had the same issue with my nav. Dealer ended up replacing the entire unit. If your dealer replaces yours make sure they notify siriusxm about the change. My dealer didn't and I had a heck of a time getting Siriusxm to activate the new one and transfer the trial period. The new unit works fine with voice.

garfieldtcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
LOL, Thanks for humoring me and I totally get it. We can all dream can't we? Maybe an App manufacturer could find interest in this? I'm sure I'm not the only person that would be interested in changing the Nav voice with a downloadable App. Maybe an Arnold Schwarzenegger, Samual Jackson or Pee Wee Herman? Could be a great product.....
A friend of mine has a portable GPS that has this. We were traveling for work and he brought it with him for the rental car. He had Mr T installed. “I pity the fool that doesn’t... turn... right” :CWL: It was EPIC! Even after listening to it for a week, it never got old.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
@BCJeep87
How could you confirm "volume is up".

If Nav was speaking and you turned volume all the way down, then future directions it speaks will not be heard.

To correct this wait until you are pretty sure or quite sure Nav would be speaking and right THEN, turn volume up. From then on you can will hear Nav.

Yes, l speak from experience.
Thanx! That fixed it! Was bugging the crap out of me.

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
Ever get it figured out? Mine just started this a few weeks ago. Tried rebooting and that did not help. Dealer couldn't figure it out and said they would open a star case but I have heard nothing from them for a couple weeks.
Finally got it fixed. Found the option to "Reset To Factory Settings" and that did the trick.
Sponsored