Nav Directions not Displaying Correctly on Gauge Cluster Screen

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
Has anyone else noticed the following: I input a destination into the UConnect 8.4 NAV system and most of the time the directions are also displayed on the gauge cluster screen between the speedometer and RPM gauge but every so often they disappear and just my normal digital speedometer screen (my default) shows but then several minutes later the NAV directions reappear in the gauge cluster screen. Happens every time I use the Nav for directions. It acts like it loses connection because when the NAV directions disappear and my digital speedometer appears instead, it shows the option to press "ok" to switch to KPH.
Sponsored

OP
OP

blightle

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon (JL)
Has anyone else noticed the following: I input a destination into the UConnect 8.4 NAV system and most of the time the directions are also displayed on the gauge cluster screen between the speedometer and RPM gauge but every so often they disappear and just my normal digital speedometer screen (my default) shows but then several minutes later the NAV directions reappear in the gauge cluster screen. Happens every time I use the Nav for directions. It acts like it loses connection because when the NAV directions disappear and my digital speedometer appears instead, it shows the option to press "ok" to switch to KPH.
OK - So I feel a little dumb now. Was going to just delete my post but then thought others might have the same question. Regarding the navigation directions showing up in the cluster display between the RMP and Speedometer gauges. Appears they only display when their is a turn, split or some other directional notification from the navigation system. They don't stay displayed when cruising down a straight highway. What I found is that on non-interstate roads, the directions will display in the center cluster when you are 1 mile from a turn, split etc. and will display 2 miles before if on an interstate road. Just thought I would share.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I also found if you press ok on teh steering wheel it will make them go away. My GC they would never go away until I pressed the ok button .it was very annoying.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
OK - So I feel a little dumb now. Was going to just delete my post but then thought others might have the same question. Regarding the navigation directions showing up in the cluster display between the RMP and Speedometer gauges. Appears they only display when their is a turn, split or some other directional notification from the navigation system. They don't stay displayed when cruising down a straight highway. What I found is that on non-interstate roads, the directions will display in the center cluster when you are 1 mile from a turn, split etc. and will display 2 miles before if on an interstate road. Just thought I would share.
Don't feel silly, I noticed it though. But I didn't realize that the plugs in the JL floor fit perfectly in the Mopar mats (for when you are not draining fluid). lol

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Thank you for not deleting this thread! I was searching to see if anyone posted about this. I was thoroughly surprised when my directions popped up in the center display and thought this was odd, how comer I've never seen this option when cycling through the other options? So I clicked up or down and they went away and never came back. It didn't cross my mind that it was solely for turns/splits. Thanks for keeping me sane :whew:

Sponsored

Chirag

First Name
Chirag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hey!
I am having the same problem. How you solved the issue?
Thanks,
Chirag

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Will it appear if I use my map with CarPlay? Or is it only with the Uconnect navigation system.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs