Sponsored

Napa MaxiTrac portable tire compressor "impressions" - Before going to Moab this week - & a WARNING!

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I watched a lot of video comparisons/reviews & I picked up a Napa Maxi about 6 months ago. Since there are so many in depth reviews already online, this thread is just about my impressions and a WARNING!

The speed at which this blows up a tire is amazing. I am used to using a Dewalt tire inflator which works well but is sloooow.

I heard one cautionary tale that the connections under the top housing could be pretty bad. Being the paranoid sort (of course I re-tested and inspected the winch as well ;)) I decided to rip into it and see what mine looked like. Lucky that I did because you can see from the attached pic that mine was a "short" waiting to happen.

During the Moab trip, I will see if there are any other issues. I will be with others so worst-case scenario; I can bum their inflator if mine takes a crap.

One mod I will do (too late this go around) is add a pressure switch and a different inflating tip onto the hose. Without the switch, you have to "dash" back to the unit and shut it off when you reach the desired tire pressure.

Note: the in-line gauge is rudimentary at best. Definitely have your favorite low-pressure tire gauge on hand to verify PSI. I will over-inflate a bit (as the unit's gauge reads) then let air out to my desired pressure using my gauge.

For the cost (about $100 when I got mine) no regrets so far. We shall see if I change my mind once I hit the trails.

Jeep Wrangler JL Napa MaxiTrac portable tire compressor "impressions" - Before going to Moab this week - & a WARNING! 1665053821434
Jeep Wrangler JL Napa MaxiTrac portable tire compressor "impressions" - Before going to Moab this week - & a WARNING! 1665053695658
Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Definitely add the pressure switch :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Napa MaxiTrac portable tire compressor "impressions" - Before going to Moab this week - & a WARNING! A9CEA514-3271-48C3-BE14-C52234ACF683