Sponsored

Nano bond or Meguires carnuba?

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey guys,
Im not even going to pretend that I know shit about waxes, coatings, or sealants. Ive only had one other vehicle that was even worthy of regular waxing.
And it was a huge truck, so I only did it twice in almost 4 years.
But since I bought this brand new JLR, I figure that I better protect it at least.
I have leftover Meguires carnuba that I was going to use. But my buddy gave me a bottle of Nano bond to try out.
Im kind of reluctant to use it cuz Ive heard ceramic coating is semi permanent and can be tough to remove. But lasts a long time. Whereas wax is much easier to apply and remove. But needs to be applied much more often.
I should mentiin that Im not looking to keep my Jeep spotless 365 days a year. I just want to protect the paint as it will live outside, not in the garage.
School me on which way to go please.
Sponsored

nolan14

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
I have no experience with the ceramic coating you are asking about, but I know some can be very tedious and time consuming but can also last a long time. I wax my Jeep about once every two months weather permitting, and then I wash about once a week. After each wash I use a good spray wax, take your pick there is so many to choose from and all are good for a quick shine. I recently tried This from chemical guys and it did an amazing job and went on and off easy! And made a great shine. Can never go wrong with a good old fashioned wax. If you do want to try a ceramic coating, meguars makes a hybrid ceramic wax and it just sprays on and you spray it off with water, doesn’t last too long but a great, easy shine.
Whatever you do make sure you wash it good first, swirl marks suck!!

A6EB156F-A29E-4E81-9799-9215D1A0CBD0.jpeg

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Ceramic coating is the best thing you can do for protecting your paint. There are varying levels of ceramic coating along with lasting times. Some brands will last 6 months to a year and some are warranted up to 10 years as long as its professionally installed. Ceramic dramatically cuts down on washing times as there is no need to wax the jeep and the hydrophobic properties of the coating make it easier to wash off mud, dirt etc. Its not 100% maintenance free and i recommend a couple times a year doing a claybar treatment with a liquid ceramic spray and that will help maintain the coating.

I greatly recommend having it done professionally as there is a lot involved and if its not done properly you can end up with hot spots that will require polishing to even out.

Unfortunately having your jeep ceramic coated can be very costly depending on how long you want it to last but ive had it done and i will get it done again with every new vehicle i buy.

If you dont decide to do the coating a good wash with dish detergent first to clear any remnants of previous wax coats etc. Then a really good drying. Get the Chemical Brothers claybar kit or even Meguires kit with spray and do that process next. then pick your favorite wax and do that twice. Meguires Yellow 13 is a good inexpensive to use, so is their NXT 2.0 version.

If you dont want to spend all day washing amd waxing your jeep then ceramic is the way to go and only requires a quick spray wax to maintain and the occasional claybar.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Detailing is a rabit hole I fell in years ago, I did 10 then my back asked me for surgery and my surgeon advised me to listen. But, here's my opinion since if you ask 10 detailers, you'll get 10 opinions, I personally like Clay Magic clay the best followed by Mothers, none of the others were that good. Get a good sealer or one with a carnuba blend, I'd stick to liquid ones since paste wax is more work. I've become a fan of Griots Garage and every product I've tried has been good. They aren't cheap but there are cans of wax that sell for hundreds (to fools), Don't mistake a high price for greatness, lowly old Turtle Wax Ice - wax as you dry (dirt cheap at wallymart) is as good as I've seen anywhere. They also have a new Ice Sealer product that's easy on & off that is pretty good. When I want to get my game on, I like to use Griots Liquid Gloss Poly Wax, looks great to me and I get that old satisfaction feeling. I only do my own cars now and not that frequent. I want to avoid further surgery!

Gpdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 J L sport s punk n
When I showed my corvette I used c magic products they are the best I ever used.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I hand wash regularly if doors and roof are on, otherwise I use Aero Cosmetics waterless wash & wax if they’re off. I also use Mothers clay bar and McGuires ultimate paste wax once or twice a year, otherwise I use Turtle Wax ice on the paint and 303 on plastics after a regular wash and dry.
Sponsored