Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please)

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How are you guys storing your doors?
I’ll post my diy door holder instructions later but here’s a pic of it and the hardtop holder I built yesterday. I need to make few adjustments and additions but they’ll work great.

9BC8CCAC-B335-4A99-9FB8-A14524CA18EB.jpeg

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
20180415_135606.jpg
20180415_135659.jpg

You know your Jeep wheels.
They are '18 Recon wheels.

The spokes on the Sport wheel center on the lug nuts, the Recon's center between them.

I was planning on swapping tires and powder coating the OE wheels but found these instead.
Thank you so much for pointing this out. I thought they were the same design with different colors, but now the small difference is apparent to me. That small difference does make Recon wheels more aggressive!
I am planning to plasti dip my sports wheels, and was debating whether to go with standard black or this darker grey similar to yours.
I end up getting this color, and will report back with the final product in a few weeks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Plasti-Dip...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Capture.PNG

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Guys who have been naked, are the doors really light? I read that they were a whole bunch lighter.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I’ve completely removed my soft top a few times and I have the hardest time putting it back on. Does anyone have a good way /trick to putting in on any easier?

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I’ve completely removed my soft top a few times and I have the hardest time putting it back on. Does anyone have a good way /trick to putting in on any easier?
What parts hang you up if I may ask? Is it a bunch different than the JK?

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
its been 30 years since I’ve had a Jeep so I don’t know how it’s different than a jk. The issue is the contact point where you screw in the top on to the roll bar. What happens is if the lock mechanism turns its extremely difficult getting it back to the correct position. I’ll add pics later today.
Also! If you live in a windy area, make sure you Velcro/strap down your soft top. In the sun riser position or all the way down (convertible), a strong wind will make your top fly up! It happened to me twice. At 40 mph (cross wind) and at 80 mph (cross wind). That is a scary situation that you don’t want to go through. My soft top locks were on, when I was in the convertible position but it still came up. I don’t think those locks are very strong.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
The weather in Houston has been perfect lately so I decided to get naked.
The backup camera makes for a great mirror(By the time they are out of the cameras view I can see/hear them over my shoulder), if only I could figure out how to get it to stay on and not turn off after a few seconds.
nude1.jpg
nude2.jpg
Man, your rig is legit.

I'm not a huge white Jeep fan...I should say, I wasn't...but it's been growing on me and yours is pushing me more so in that direction.

Although, I currently have a different color on order...decisions, decisions :computerrage:

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Man, your rig is legit.

I'm not a huge white Jeep fan...I should say, I wasn't...but it's been growing on me and yours is pushing me more so in that direction.

Although, I currently have a different color on order...decisions, decisions :computerrage:
Thanks!
I still have a long way to go before she is done.
If I wasn't pressed for another vehicle( I sold my white 2016 JK a few months prior to getting the JL) I would have waited for Sting Grey, or maybe even Mojito.

What color do you have on order?

I've had two Billet JKs, White, and a Dozer Orange. I really wanted a change without going with a dark color. I couldn't live with the maintenance of keeping the darker colors looking nice.

BlueBlood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Thanks!
I still have a long way to go before she is done.
If I wasn't pressed for another vehicle( I sold my white 2016 JK a few months prior to getting the JL) I would have waited for Sting Grey, or maybe even Mojito.

What color do you have on order?

I've had two Billet JKs, White, and a Dozer Orange. I really wanted a change without going with a dark color. I couldn't live with the maintenance of keeping the darker colors looking nice.
LOL...funny, I have Sting Gray on order.

There is only one in existence...no others have been delivered (yet).

Some pics, it looks legit but delays and paint matching issues have me looking at options :movember:

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
The weather in Houston has been perfect lately so I decided to get naked.
The backup camera makes for a great mirror(By the time they are out of the cameras view I can see/hear them over my shoulder), if only I could figure out how to get it to stay on and not turn off after a few seconds.
nude1.jpg
nude2.jpg
Those proportions look perfect...

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
IMG_20180415_190021.jpg

Does this count? I have a 3 year old in the back and she's not ready for no doors yet.
I kind of like that look. I think if I were to run a 4 door I would take the front doors off and put half doors on the back.