Sponsored

Nail in tire, fixable?

Raymon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU/R
Yesterday, I just noticed that one of my tire was leaked and I found that a nail is in the tire. I switched with my spare tire.
Anyone have idea that if this is fixable? Pictures are attached. thanks

20200812_143933.jpg

20200812_144005.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Raymon

I'd say probably fixable. Not really that close to the sidewall, so they may very well do.

Do not remove the screw yourself. Drive to the Tire Store with the screw in place. Screw removed=tire slowly going flat..

Go to a reputable shop and have them do..

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Have you tried to remove it to see if it went all the way through the casing?

Might not even need fixing. You can back it off a bit and push it to the side to see if it is leaking. If it leaks screw it all the way in until you get it fixed. I wheeled for an entire week with a screw in a tire before. Didn't have any issues with it. :)

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Totally fixable. However careful with plugs. I got a bolt in one of my 37s with less than 2k miles on it. I plugged it, went to Discount to use my road hazard insurance and they wouldn't accept it. Plugs somehow void their warranty.

They finally did a one time exception for me, but careful

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Might not even need fixing. You can back it off a bit and push it to the side to see if it is leaking. If it leaks screw it all the way in until you get it fixed. I wheeled for an entire week with a screw in a tire before. Didn't have any issues with it. :)
Put a blob of soapy water over the screw while wiggling it as Dookey suggests. You'll know if it leaks or not

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
100% fixable. It's a great skill to know how to plug a tire, especially if you have onboard air to refill your tire. You can save yourself a ton of money and, in some cases, ensure that you can make it home without a tow truck.

P.S. That's a screw, not a nail.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raymon

Raymon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU/R
@Raymon

I'd say probably fixable. Not really that close to the sidewall, so they may very well do.

Do not remove the screw yourself. Drive to the Tire Store with the screw in place. Screw removed=tire slowly going flat..

Go to a reputable shop and have them do..
Thanks for reminder, I will not remove the screw by myself.

OP
OP
Raymon

Raymon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU/R

I didn't tried to remove it but I do saw the tire pressure decreased a lot, so I swapped with spare tire on.

OP
OP
Raymon

Raymon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU/R
100% fixable. It's a great skill to know how to plug a tire, especially if you have onboard air to refill your tire. You can save yourself a ton of money and, in some cases, ensure that you can make it home without a tow truck.

P.S. That's a screw, not a nail.
My apologize, it's a screw, not nail :like:
Sponsored