NACHO Wrangler JL Club

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
What did you think of the install? I personally have no concerns with wrenching and what not. However, I don't want to grind or cut anything on my frame or body. Skimmed through AEV's instructions and appears that these bumpers and the tire carrier are basically bolt-on, albeit with a ton of bolts to attach all the various pieces. Thoughts on that?
Front bumper recommendation would be to have a good slip bar to align the holes and be patient. There is a lot of 'bolt this on, now remove it's type steps with aligning everything up front. The rear does require cutting of the rear most lower portion of the quarter panel. I tried to come up with some way around doing it and I didn't realize it required it until I was at tha point. Totally an oversight on my part but really not bad at all. Gotta pay to play.
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Front bumper recommendation would be to have a good slip bar to align the holes and be patient. There is a lot of 'bolt this on, now remove it's type steps with aligning everything up front. The rear does require cutting of the rear most lower portion of the quarter panel. I tried to come up with some way around doing it and I didn't realize it required it until I was at tha point. Totally an oversight on my part but really not bad at all. Gotta pay to play.
Ahh, i see the cutting part now in the fender extension instructions. Assuming this is what you are talking about. "Mark 1 1/2” up from bottom and 3/4” from front of exposed pinch weld and trace diagonal line onto the exposed pinch weld. Use cutoff wheel or body saw to trim off BOTH LAYERS at trim line (fig. 2)."

That seems pretty tame if that is all.

Thanks Wraith.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, i see the cutting part now in the fender extension instructions. Assuming this is what you are talking about. "Mark 1 1/2” up from bottom and 3/4” from front of exposed pinch weld and trace diagonal line onto the exposed pinch weld. Use cutoff wheel or body saw to trim off BOTH LAYERS at trim line (fig. 2)."

That seems pretty tame if that is all.

Thanks Wraith.
That is correct. Sorry I rushed the response and forgot to mention exactly what and why. It's really a non issue as there are no spot welds there that will compromise anything, but it opens up the wheel wells much more in the back. I didn't want to take off more than necessary so I made a cut then test fit and repeated until everything cleared and fit properly. Some taping off of the area and some rust preventative paint and good to go.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
anyone with a more creative mind or some photoshop ability’s got input in these with nacho?

41F4301C-985D-425A-BC16-3F2BC3342120.png

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
I did it! I finally bit the bullet and bought a '21 Nacho Sahara and picking her up tomorrow! I opted to just get what I've wanted vs. slowly upgrading my Sport with a Sahara bumper and painted flares, even comes with a couple of extras! Will share some pics tomorrow but super excited to finally get what I originally wanted.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL NACHO Wrangler JL Club 20210314_181503

Went for a quick drive up the canyon to check the snow level. Not looking to good.
Jeep is looking good though! That color pops against the snowy backdrop. Very nice!

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
I did it! I finally bit the bullet and bought a '21 Nacho Sahara and picking her up tomorrow! I opted to just get what I've wanted vs. slowly upgrading my Sport with a Sahara bumper and painted flares, even comes with a couple of extras! Will share some pics tomorrow but super excited to finally get what I originally wanted.
Love mine you will be happy what extras did you get?

DFDDFEC2-B4B5-4457-BA92-56FD115F8C7B.jpeg

Frankralfano

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Nacho Sahara JLU
Love mine you will be happy what extras did you get?

Jeep Wrangler JL NACHO Wrangler JL Club DFDDFEC2-B4B5-4457-BA92-56FD115F8C7B
Was able to track down one about 2.5 hrs away in Maryland that had the things I really wanted: black leather, cold weather, sun rider, 8.4", remote start, LED's, safety group, 2.0L engine. Basically everything but the tow package, advanced safety group and the proximity entry for the most part.

Super excited to finally get something that I have wanted since getting my '18 Nacho Sport. Wasn't able to get a Sahara back in then so my Sport was found in AZ and shipped, so didn't have much of a choice back then. Thanks for asking!

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
That is correct. Sorry I rushed the response and forgot to mention exactly what and why. It's really a non issue as there are no spot welds there that will compromise anything, but it opens up the wheel wells much more in the back. I didn't want to take off more than necessary so I made a cut then test fit and repeated until everything cleared and fit properly. Some taping off of the area and some rust preventative paint and good to go.
Last week I ordered a set of AEV bumpers + tire carrier. Received notice that these are getting shipped out today. Now it is a question of whether the bumpers or the Jeep are delivered first.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last week I ordered a set of AEV bumpers + tire carrier. Received notice that these are getting shipped out today. Now it is a question of whether the bumpers or the Jeep are delivered first.
Fantastic! You did exactly what I did. Bumpers arrived before the Jeep and then I drove her home from the dealership and starting putting it all together. Had some home improvement projects over the last two weeks so I haven't done the suspension yet. Hopefully this weekend I get to it.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Fantastic! You did exactly what I did. Bumpers arrived before the Jeep and then I drove her home from the dealership and starting putting it all together. Had some home improvement projects over the last two weeks so I haven't done the suspension yet. Hopefully this weekend I get to it.
Your Jeep is looking killer now so excited to see it with the lift.

For myself, I will try to actually start contributing my own pictures to this thread once I actually take delivery. Been a long 3 months since I ordered.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Jeep is looking killer now so excited to see it with the lift.

For myself, I will try to actually start contributing my own pictures to this thread once I actually take delivery. Been a long 3 months since I ordered.
Can't wait to see it. Have you decided on tires and wheels?
Sponsored