Sponsored

Mysterious clank or pop coming from suspension.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I have 2020 JL Rubicon diesel. It has 2" Mopar lift and rides on 37" tires. I am having a hard time to locate source of clank of you can call it pop when I am starting moving from the stop. I think It is coming from somewhere in rear suspension, but not 100% sure. I went over everything on suspension multiple times. I first suspected something not being torqued enough. I went over all bolts. Everything is torqued to the spec. Jeep is tracking straight, no wobbles or any other drive issues. I am sure someone come across the similar issue. I would appreciate a hint or suggestion where to look.
Sponsored

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
Lots of people having similar issues with the springs bowing out on the 4xe Mopar lift kit. Not sure if it's an issue with other models but see if your springs are straight.

OP
OP

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of people having similar issues with the springs bowing out on the 4xe Mopar lift kit. Not sure if it's an issue with other models but see if your springs are straight.
Thanks for response but springs are straight. I installed the lift myself and made sure I did it right. In the matter of fact I installed it twice. Fist time lift for 3.6 engine since diesel version was nonexistent and second time I replaced it with diesel version. I also checked wheel bearings to make sure it is not it. It drives me crazy. Not sure if it is not coming from drive train, like gear backlash but there is no noise of any kind.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Did it make the noise before the lift?

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I had one of these in my JK. This is going to sound stupid, but try putting all four corners up on jack stands so that the suspension is completely unloaded. Then lower it down again. That’s it. This cured my clunk. I’m guessing something got bound up somehow, and that releasing the entire load on the suspension somehow cured it.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Make sure your rear sway bar links are installed correctly. The shop that installed my lift installed them wrong, and we had a clunking sound that actually sounded like it was in the front passenger side. But after I removed them and installed correctly, silence.

OP
OP

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure your rear sway bar links are installed correctly. The shop that installed my lift installed them wrong, and we had a clunking sound that actually sounded like it was in the front passenger side. But after I removed them and installed correctly, silence.
I did check those but will look at them again. Thanks.
Sponsored