MY22 Sahara Altitude Red Stitching??

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JLU Sahara Altitude
I ordered my Unlimited Sahara Altitude on 11.1 and have been impatiently waiting like everyone else for the US website to be updated so I can verify there will be no surprises once she arrives. Well, last night I took the suggestion from another forum member to pull up the Canadian website as it is updated with MY22 and much to my surprise the Altitude is showing the black leather seats with RED stitching (same for Unlimited Sahara)! See screenshot below. I can't imagine this would vary country to country? The US order guide doesn't indicate red stitching and my sales guy is shocked too. Needing your opinions, as I will not be able to live with red stitching and so now I'm fearing I'll have to start all over and order a different model. 😨

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.48.53 AM.png
Sponsored

DarceyJean

First Name
Darcey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Sahara
I ordered my Unlimited Sahara Altitude on 11.1 and have been impatiently waiting like everyone else for the US website to be updated so I can verify there will be no surprises once she arrives. Well, last night I took the suggestion from another forum member to pull up the Canadian website as it is updated with MY22 and much to my surprise the Altitude is showing the black leather seats with RED stitching (same for Unlimited Sahara)! See screenshot below. I can't imagine this would vary country to country? The US order guide doesn't indicate red stitching and my sales guy is shocked too. Needing your opinions, as I will not be able to live with red stitching and so now I'm fearing I'll have to start all over and order a different model. 😨

Jeep Wrangler JL MY22 Sahara Altitude Red Stitching?? Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 11.48.53 AM
Looks like the cloth is black with the red stitching. If you keep going it allows you to add the Sahara leather package which looks to be black with the white stitching still

OP
OP
jen.justjen

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmmmm, I'm not seeing that option for the Altitude. Leather is standard for the Altitude, no cloth option.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 12.52.10 PM.png

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
I was on the CA site last week and noticed the same. I ordered my Unlimited Altitude on 11.1 also (may we roll out together!) - and the dealer was pretty knowledgeable about me not being able to add saddle color seats - only black leather....but NOBODY mentioned red stitching. This better not look tacky and clash with my Snazzberry. It's bad enough it's black leather and not saddle to start with. I feel like red thread should be a thing they let people know! :facepalm:

OP
OP
jen.justjen

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You at least sound open to it. I am 110% not open to it. :LOL: My sales guy said he put in an inquiry with his regional Stellantis rep today, I'll report any findings here as I receive them... Fingers crossed for no RED stitching!!!🤞 It just doesn't make any sense that they'd do this as red stitching is kind of a Rubicon signature!

Sponsored

HeygirlHey

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snazzberry Sahara Altitude (on order)
You at least sound open to it. I am 110% not open to it. :LOL: My sales guy said he put in an inquiry with his regional Stellantis rep today, I'll report any findings here as I receive them... Fingers crossed for no RED stitching!!!🤞 It just doesn't make any sense that they'd do this as red stitching is kind of a Rubicon signature!
I'm about as open to it as most "red people" are to the Red Rubicon dashboards...As long as it doesn't clash with my Snazzberry, we're fine. I'd RATHER not have my interior look like I tried to get red stitching because my jeep is Snazz, and then it doesn't match (because I'm about 80% sure it WONT MATCH - and now it will look like I'm horrible at picking things). I'm a designer, so I'm extremely picky about colors, because almost doesn't count. I wish I could find a good pic online of it though.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
I'm about as open to it as most "red people" are to the Red Rubicon dashboards...As long as it doesn't clash with my Snazzberry, we're fine. I'd RATHER not have my interior look like I tried to get red stitching because my jeep is Snazz, and then it doesn't match (because I'm about 80% sure it WONT MATCH - and now it will look like I'm horrible at picking things). I'm a designer, so I'm extremely picky about colors, because almost doesn't count. I wish I could find a good pic online of it though.
There are pics of the red stitching and red dash from Rubicons in the Snazzberry pic threads. Some people love it, some hate it. Personally, I went with tan seats to avoid the dash (I also preferred the tan leather). I plan on removing the remaining red accents on the badges and hooks. I hope y'all get a better answer soon. I know it sucks to not know about something you ordered sight unseen.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
While red interior stitching won't be a deal-breaker on our Sahara Altitude, I plan to cover the seats with Bartact seat covers anyway. We're fortunate enough to be able to have the top off more than 1/2 the year here which would be very rough on the oem leather.

OP
OP
jen.justjen

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, here is the reply I received from the dealership last Friday. Not much help but at least not a confirmed yes to red stitching!

Just heard back from my regional rep, here's what he said:

Just reached out to our Supply Chain manager and he said -

"Not that I know of. There were not any changes announced with 22MY launch last week. "

We may hear more this next week when Allocation opens, but that's all the news we have as of now.

OP
OP
jen.justjen

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought I was finally going to have an answer to this dilemma when I pulled up jeep.com tonight and much to my surprise saw the 2022 build option for the Wrangler! BUT when I clicked on it there was no option for the Wrangler. SO close! Oh, the ups and downs of this process! :angry: :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL MY22 Sahara Altitude Red Stitching?? 1638936940519

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I thought I was finally going to have an answer to this dilemma when I pulled up jeep.com tonight and much to my surprise saw the 2022 build option for the Wrangler! BUT when I clicked on it there was no option for the Wrangler. SO close! Oh, the ups and downs of this process! :angry: :CWL:

1638936940519.png

HELL Yeah! Finally! Thanks for the update! I just wanted to see what was standard now!

Deleted member 59498

And it doesn't work! LOL Jeep is so bad. Probably some glitch they will work out.

OP
OP
jen.justjen

jen.justjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And it doesn't work! LOL Jeep is so bad. Probably some glitch they will work out.
Pure torture! Major tease! Now how long will it stay in this status......... :headbang:

Deleted member 59498

So as far as I have gathered 2022 Rubicon:

Cold Weather option: Remote start, heated seats, steering wheel.
Standard: 8.4 Nav, Off Road Pages 8 speakers.
Standard: Proximity door locks, cloth seats
Oh and garage door thingy that never works for me.

Think those are the big things, still no idea on block heater.