Sponsored

My Wrangler S got it's new kicks, however.....

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Supposedly (manual), without TPMS xmitters, if you drive above 20mph for over 15 minutes, the TPMS system will go--off-line and you can't tell by alarms, or read individual tire pressures--but

You need to recal your speedo !

Whatever

good luck

JIMBO
Sponsored

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
To me that's expensive for a tire sensor. I might be biased because I've never had TPMS in a vehicle before, so I've never spent a dime in tire sensors before. Hearing that they apparently have a lifespan sucks too.

A hundred bucks here and there adds up on a long term cost of ownership.
It's actually for 5 of them... but I get it... 35 bucks extra and you won't have to swap them out of your other set... it does nickle and dime you sometimes...

Nitrous1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Supposedly (manual), without TPMS xmitters, if you drive above 20mph for over 15 minutes, the TPMS system will go--off-line and you can't tell by alarms, or read individual tire pressures--but

You need to recal your speedo !

Whatever

good luck

JIMBO
The system will set a soft code as soon as it gets no transmission from the wheels and they wake up at around 15mph but you can toggle to another dash screen and you don't see it until you restart then you need to do it again. The TPM system has nothing to do with your speedo and is a mandatory government system on all vehicles from around 2010- present that's the only reason manufacturers use it.
Sponsored