Sponsored

My woman needs a new vacuum. What to get?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What’s a good vacuum? For everything from carpet to rugs to hard wood.

i know zero about vacuums.
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Kirby

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I swear by my cordless stick dyson, these things are so light and powerful. I bought a used one 6 years ago from eBay and it’s still working great

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Miele, drag behind or rigid 15 gallon

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Second the Dyson. We have two, one corded and one cordless, to handle my German Shepard’s need to leave hair everywhere.

Almost forgot, we also have an iRobot that cleans our main level daily because of the aforementioned German Shepherd.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
We bought a Dyson “cinetic big ball pet” vacuum from Amazon and promptly returned it. I don’t get the hype. Heavy, awkward, cheap plastic, and terrible suction. It could not handle golden retriever fur, which is light and fluffy. We promptly returned it and ended up with a Miele, with which we’ve been very happy.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, after owning a few Dysons, they really aren’t that durable for the money. I also hate that the battery isn’t easily replaceable.

But, when it works, it really works exceptionally well. You’ll be amazed by what it can pull out of your carpet.

I guess I’ll have to check out Miele. They make exceptional appliances. I had no idea they made vacuums.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
We have a Shark that replaced an aging Dyson several years ago. Maybe the seals on the Dyson were getting old but our Shark has way more suction and wife really likes it.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We have an off-brand Dyson knock-off. Definitely get a rechargeable vacuum. Nobody likes unwinding/rewinding cords and dragging them around.

Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
We love our Dysons despite the fact long-term durability is an issue.

When my first Dyson broke we bought a Shark. The suction was amazing BUT filtering was horrible. About 2 months after getting the Shark my yellow lab started having horrible skin issues and lost much of her fur. After spending thousands on testing, medications, special foods, etc. we got a new Dyson on a hunch I had. After 2 months her skin issues were gone and never came back. No scientific evidence but this proved to me that the Shark was not filtering dust mites.

My only other suggestion would be avoiding a vacuum as a Valentines Day gift:CWL:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Unless Dysons have changed in the last year avoid at all costs. The hype is no where near the value. We have a Walmart Hoover or something we bought for $100 and it will run circles around the Dyson. We have a white Husky that sheds like no other dog we have had and the Dyson does not pick up the hair as well as the WM special.

we do love our Shark robot self cleaning vacuum for daily duties. Then we just use the cheapie on the weekends.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Same here Miele, Had one for 15 and gave it to a friend who needed one... then bought a new one and have had this one (capricorn) for the last 8 years I think, maybe longer...they have really great motors that last. Not to mention their suction! Unmatched IMO.
Sponsored