My wife won't drive her Jeep anymore...

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My wife likes her Sahara lifted, with rough country 2 1/2 in lift. It rides and drives the same.
Which RC lift did you go with, I see they have several on their website, I was thinking the 2.5 spacer lift for $179. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I wanted to retain the stock Spring as I tow a 3200lbs camping trailer on occasion.
Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
But a lift isn't all sunshine and rainbows (even off-road); it introduces serious compromises both on- and off-road. I would generally find myself more worried about rollover than articulation or approach/departure angles on the trails I'd most frequently traverse, so a lift would hurt me more than it helped.
Agreed....lifts are highly over-rated, especially the 2 inch ones. It's kind of interesting that the OPs plan of using a Rubicon suspension did not fly, I'm not sure that the plan to do a Rough Country lift will fare any better. In my experience from reading others accounts with lifts is that quality highway ride is cash dependent.....meaning you need to spend a lot of money on an expensive lift and have it tuned by an experienced shop to meet your needs. Take that for what it is worth but I wish that I would have taken the advise when I built my FJ Cruiser

My wife hates lifts, in particular on the highway. I've become the kind of person that I do not do any mods until I have proven a need for it. I find that the past 2 Rubicons that we have bought (JK and JL) have enough clearance/capability that I don't need to do anything other than consider a slightly bigger set of tires.

I tend to spend more money on skids and bumpers/winches. If the rock is too big or the hole too deep...I'll drive around and watch someone else screw up their rig.

Doc