Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Ever since we got the Jeep for my wife (not even for me) I've been pretty much on this forum all the time and researching the heck out of it. I've been talking to her and telling her all the things I've learned and today she finally told me to go make Jeep friends to talk to. Apparently even though she is a cool Jeep wife and LOVES her Jeep and is even having me put a little lift on it, she doesn't want all the gear head Jeep talk :(

So, I need some gear head friends. BTW... it doesn't stop with Jeeps, I'm trying to afford my midlife crisis so I can get my late 60's early 70's muscle car and she's tired of all that talk too. I've been obsessed lately... "ooooh, look a Demon!!! Do you know that has 800HP and was designed to first be a drag car and then made street legal?" Her eyes glaze over as she loses consciousness, I mean interest.
Sponsored

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a JLU for the fiancee as her daily driver (I’ve got a company truck for my business) and I’ve been doing the same thing. I’ve spent so much time on this forum since we ordered. Can’t wait for it to finally come in (hopefully in two weeks as long as delivery date doesn’t get pushed back). I see why they say Just Empty Every Pocket. Only thing saving me from ordering stuff right now is our wedding coming up in the fall and waiting for the aftermarket options to catch up.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Jeep... can't afford a wife now. :cwl:
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Since the Jeep is actually my wife's (I'm allowed to drive it when she isn't which I take every advantage of) I have your problem solved :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Where in NC are you?

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Where in NC are you?
Not far from you... Morrisville, but we are moving over to Raleigh in a few months. Do you know any good trails around? There is one trail in Morrisville over off Davis Dr. (off Little Drive to be exact). It used to be a real long trail but 540 and 147 cut it. It's still a good trail which I managed to get stuck on (see related post :cwl:)

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
BTW... I see you have the "LSD" light package, they must be some trippy colors :)

"JLU Sport S, Sting-Gray, manual, premium soft top, LSD, technology, convenience, cold weather, granite wheels, side steps
Ordered: 2/28/2018 D1:4/5/2018 Estimated Ship Date: 4/17 KZ: 4/17 Delivered: 5/1"

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
BTW... I see you have the "LSD" light package, they must be some trippy colors :)

"JLU Sport S, Sting-Gray, manual, premium soft top, LSD, technology, convenience, cold weather, granite wheels, side steps
Ordered: 2/28/2018 D1:4/5/2018 Estimated Ship Date: 4/17 KZ: 4/17 Delivered: 5/1"
LSD is the Anti-Spin Diff. Traditionally it has been called Limited Slip Diff. Haven't found any local trails yet but there are a lot of Triangle residents on this board. We should all get together.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
right after i married my wife she took over my 4Runner...worried

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
I thought I’d spend less time on this forum when my JLU came in. Not the case... its an addiction I am afraid.

The wife said the same thing - “Get some friends who like this stuff. It’s a bit much.”

The only downside of the JLU arriving is that I pretty much doomed all of western Pennsylvania to a wet and overcast summer. When I bought my Xterra years and years ago, we were having the worst winter in years. I was driving a RWD pickup and was getting stuck at least twice a trip. That early February day that I picked up my Xterra, it didn’t snow after that for the rest of the year. (Really liked the Xterra but allowed myself to be talked out of a wrangler back then. Didn’t let that happen again).

Now that the hoist system is built and the soft top will be going on this weekend, I’ve doomed us all. Sorry in advanve to anyone in my area that this will affect.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LSD is the Anti-Spin Diff. Traditionally it has been called Limited Slip Diff. Haven't found any local trails yet but there are a lot of Triangle residents on this board. We should all get together.
Well that's embarrassing because I know what a LSD rear is. It was a long day yesterday... lol.

I was joking with a friend that I need a time card entry for work for this forum.

Side note: I take the Jeep to the dealer to go over the paint issue with my front fender and a couple of other things including a clunk in the front end when I go over bumps. The Chrysler rep who contacted me was great and they are actually having the area manager show up to review the stuff with me as well as giving me a rental car for the day.
@JeepCares started the whole ball rolling... kudos to them.
Sponsored