Sponsored

My wife is complaining of lower back pain in the passenger seat - any ideas?

freal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
We are two months in and our loving our 2018 JLU Sahara. We just did our first longer road trip to Death Valley (highly recommend). It was awesome except after a few hours of normal roads my wife said her lower back was in big pain. I was doing most of the driving and she was in the passenger seat this time. It was certainly a bummer and even a bigger bummer when she suggested we might have to get a different vehicle. This happened a few times on the trip after several hours. Are there any suggestions for improving the seat situation? Cushions? Lumbar support devices?
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
We are two months in and our loving our 2018 JLU Sahara. We just did our first longer road trip to Death Valley (highly recommend). It was awesome except after a few hours of normal roads my wife said her lower back was in big pain. I was doing most of the driving and she was in the passenger seat this time. It was certainly a bummer and even a bigger bummer when she suggested we might have to get a different vehicle. This happened a few times on the trip after several hours. Are there any suggestions for improving the seat situation? Cushions? Lumbar support devices?
My wife used to complain about the same exact thing ..so i told her hush woman or i'll bring out the wife beater 2000. ... On a more serious note, I bought a simple lumbar support pillow that I always have on her seat and haven't heard much more complaining since then .. It.s a rectangular- concave foam shaped thing . Like the ones u see people use for their necks when on a plane flight. It sure beats having to modify the seats on our jeeps. Each person is different. so it might be a solution but i would start from the cheapest first

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
A trade in seems inevitable I’m afraid.

On the plus side a younger wife will have a stronger back and is less likely to complain...

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just tell her, your girlfriend doesnt complain about the seats hurting her back. Then, miracle of miracles, she will stop complaining about the seat pains.
I hope this helps.

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
A trade in seems inevitable I’m afraid.

On the plus side a younger wife will have a stronger back and is less likely to complain...
Newer models airbags are also improved as is the ride....

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Trading in a vehicle because of the seats is one of the most ridiculous (and spontaneous) thing I have ever heard. No wonder they say many Americans are dealing with debt crisis and it’s because of our poor spending habits.

There are so many things you can do to adjust the comfort of these seats before taking a big financial hit like trading in a vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a set of those seat jackers that raise the front of the seat by an inch? I bought one, but it raised the driver seat too high for my comfort. I removed it after a couple mile ride. I got the add-on molle panel that runs along the front of the seat base and connects to the seat spacers. If you think it might help her, let me know and I'll send it to you. I'd rather see it get used than continue sitting in a box.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Get a pricey aftermarket dual battery system and all will be peachy..

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Let the wife drive? She'll be so distracted by the fun experience and having to wave at all the other Wranglers, that she may not notice any back pain?