My update to 2020 JLUR after upgrades in attempt to fix loose steering

goose77

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 1986 CJ Laredo, 2018 ROXOR street legal
Vehicle Showcase
@Woodbridge I have pretty much the same setup as you. It did not feel right either. I added a Steer Smarts Yeti Tie Rod to the setup and it drives awesome now!

wbee

First Name
Wade
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I’ve been reading this post because I had these issues about 1.5 yrs ago combined with terrible wobble every time I hit a bump in the road. I got rid of the wobble by replacing the draglink, trackbar, tierod and falcon SS. I also put on adjustable control Arms and moved my caster to 6 degrees. After all of that it still had the dead spot in the steering and wondering. I finally gave the steering box adjustment screw about 1/4 of a turn And took it for a drive and the steering was a little tight and wouldn’t return to center. I backed it off about 1/8 of a turn so it was about 1/8 turn tighter than stock and wow, steering was right on and better then new. No dead spot and the steering has been awesome for over a year now.
My wife bought a gladiator last summer and the steering has been much better than my JL. I did replace the SS with a falcon stabilizer. I added the synergy trackbar support and sector shaft reinforcement to her gladiator. It did make a world of difference to some of the wondering but I am questioning the setup. It was difficult to install and started making some creaking noises and I had to grease and retighten everything. Kind of a PITA but it did tighten up the steering.

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement