Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR, , 84 CJ7 , 22 TREMOR, 23 Model Y
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
@Woodbridge I have pretty much the same setup as you. It did not feel right either. I added a Steer Smarts Yeti Tie Rod to the setup and it drives awesome now!
Sponsored

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
I’ve been reading this post because I had these issues about 1.5 yrs ago combined with terrible wobble every time I hit a bump in the road. I got rid of the wobble by replacing the draglink, trackbar, tierod and falcon SS. I also put on adjustable control Arms and moved my caster to 6 degrees. After all of that it still had the dead spot in the steering and wondering. I finally gave the steering box adjustment screw about 1/4 of a turn And took it for a drive and the steering was a little tight and wouldn’t return to center. I backed it off about 1/8 of a turn so it was about 1/8 turn tighter than stock and wow, steering was right on and better then new. No dead spot and the steering has been awesome for over a year now.
My wife bought a gladiator last summer and the steering has been much better than my JL. I did replace the SS with a falcon stabilizer. I added the synergy trackbar support and sector shaft reinforcement to her gladiator. It did make a world of difference to some of the wondering but I am questioning the setup. It was difficult to install and started making some creaking noises and I had to grease and retighten everything. Kind of a PITA but it did tighten up the steering.