ChrisTheGod

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
How unstable was it? I am uncomfortable going higher than 75 or 80 in mine (2020 JLUR, 3.6 Pentastar, 8 speed, no eTorque, 100% factory stock).
So the highway here is 75 so everyone is roughly doing 85 minimum in the left lane so Iā€™m on cruise control 84 and feels pretty normal Iā€™m use to hitting 160 in my convertible and watching the gas go down with the Jeep Iā€™m cruising at 84 watching the gas go down lol but at 97 if you donā€™t have confidence donā€™t try it because their was storm clouds over head and the wind was crazy and it felt like I was going to hydroplane yes you read that correctly hydroplane in a Jeep and I have hydroplaned before so I know the feeling lol

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I do 85 in my '21 JLR with the 2.0 turbo regularly. The only time it feels squirrely is in a strong crosswind. Pretty much about the same as in my heavy duty crew cab diesel Chevy pickup, but with much worse MPG.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the land of 55mph speed limits, and am usually still amongst the slower crowd at 70-75. But on a few occasions, I've taken advantage of a straight piece of lonely highway to "clear the pipes". With over 4" of lift and 38's on my 2.0 JLUR, I can feel the steering start to lighten up at about 85. By 90+, it feels ready to take flight. Gobs of ground clearance does not belong at those higher speeds.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
The Rubicon is speed limited to 97 mph which is plenty for me; those who want to fly at 110 mph can do so on the lower trims.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I do 85 in my '21 JLR with the 2.0 turbo regularly. The only time it feels squirrely is in a strong crosswind. Pretty much about the same as in my heavy duty crew cab diesel Chevy pickup, but with much worse MPG.
Likewise with my 3.6, my ride to work is generally 70-80mph given the time of day and road. MPG is no worse than my lifted F350 was ;)

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'd say anything above 75-80 is pushing the limits of my comfortably in this vehicle.
I would feel even worse lifted raising my center of gravity....

roaddawg

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Well I can say that these new jeeps are much more stable at speed than the older ones. A few days ago I finished a lift project on my 2019 JLU sport. I put a Daystar 2" lift on, added a brand new set of 2021 Rubicon shocks, springs and sway bar stabilzers, then put on 4 brand new Rubicon 33" tires and rims (Falken Wildpeak 285/70/17). I was on a budget and the lift kit from Jeeps Are Life was under $300. I purchased the Rubicon shocks, springs, etc. for $200 and the new rims and tires with no miles, was another $1000.. So for almost $1500 I got the lift with taller tires, that I wanted.

After installation, I took it out for a shakedown cruise. I live in a rural area of Arizona, but close to the interstate. My road and the road it connects to, is a bumpy dirt road with several washes that you cross. So I started on dirt, bouncing up and down nicely, finally got to some pavement, really felt good, tracked straight, braked straight, then took it out to the interstate.

The interstate where I am is a 75 zone so after getting on and heading south, I quickly got up to speed. At 80 the Wrangler was straight and true. Since traffic was light and no one close behind, I hit the brakes hard. Still straight and true. Back up to speed, 80, 90, and more. Drove great. Only thing noticeable was a slight increase in road noise. (The original tires I had on the Jeep were Michelin road tires). Took the offramp, crossed over the bridge and got back on northbound. This time I was on it (the 2.0 is peppy and shifting great). Quickly got up into the low triple digits, took my hands of the wheel, and the Wrangler was just purring along straight as could be. Started applying the brakes and still tracked straight. So, now issues at all with speed, handling or braking. And I remember when my older Wranglers could barely get over 80!

Will be posting some thoughts on the lift and tires in a little bit under the suspension forum.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Why are the Rubicons limited to 98 mph? Is it because of the gearing in the axles? I've had our 2019 Sport S 2-Door(3.6L w/8 speed auto) to 105mph and it still had more in it. Maybe those little air dams connecting the front bumper to the front fenders really do add aerodynamics. :LOL:

Best,
-Tim

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
On my last trip to Utah I had some time on I-70 with 80mph speed limit and lots of time on I-40 with 75mph speed limit. My JLU Sport has Rubicon springs, shocks and tires, and Mopar LCA. It is perfectly stable at 80mph on I-70. I think it would be fine at 94 as long as you don't have to make any sharp turns.