Sponsored

My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size?

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So one of the only parts installs I farm out besides the locker and gear installs, they screw up and obviously either forget to install them or they backed off due to no thread locker.

Anyone have one of those bolts laying around to measure so I can run to Fastenal and do it right this time? I’m hoping the clamping area bolts are common to their rear adjustable track bar. It’s the weekend and nobody is answering at the manufacturer, NR4x4, or Quadratec.

Man, that was way back in July and thousands of miles ago! Reputable shop….I still should’ve checked.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 2404B303-D8CF-42B3-892B-BB3EEA433262

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 08837459-808A-47B3-850D-18E628070398
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This is from the relocation bracket. Not sure if it will help but hope so.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 1638657378457

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
This is from the relocation bracket. Not sure if it will help but hope so.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 1638657378457
I threw a couple pics up just now. I need the ones missing on the adjuster side.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Teraflex would know. did you call them?

more than once they have sent me stuff for their products when i called them.

So one of the only parts installs I farm out besides the locker and gear installs, they screw up and obviously either forget to install them or they backed off due to no thread locker.

Anyone have one of those bolts laying around to measure so I can run to Fastenal and do it right this time? I’m hoping the clamping area bolts are common to their rear adjustable track bar. It’s the weekend and nobody is answering at the manufacturer, NR4x4, or Quadratec.

Man, that was way back in July and thousands of miles ago! Reputable shop….I still should’ve checked.

2404B303-D8CF-42B3-892B-BB3EEA433262.jpeg

08837459-808A-47B3-850D-18E628070398.jpeg

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Not sure what the thread pitch is but I’d definitely get them from Teraflex. Don’t want the sequel to this being the need to extract a bolt that twisted in half.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? BFD013D5-4C4D-4197-BA31-8F9266DE13F3

Edit: I’ve put on two front and two rear, the bolts have all been pre-installed so I don’t think there is any thread locker on them. When torquing them down to the prescribed 60 ft/lbs you HAVE TO keep going back and forth many times. As one bolt tightens, the slack is taken up for the other. If you don’t, they will loosen up (been there done that).

Edit two: the manual I have saved for the front doesn’t specify (probably an old doc revision), but the one for the rear does. I also called them when mine loosened up.
Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 984FF05F-F763-447F-82B2-9176E5C742AA

Last edited:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? 984FF05F-F763-447F-82B2-9176E5C742AA

Looks like there's dirt in the holes. They haven't been in there for a while, if ever. It's hard to see in the photo, but none of the paint looks abraded from a bolt head tightening on it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The thread pitch doesn’t seem to matter because the nuts are missing too. Just need two nuts and bolts that will fit in the hole.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Pretty sure the holes are threaded…
Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? B5A214AF-D3AA-4DB3-8469-1DB593624532

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
That's undoubtedly a high strength grade bolt. If they're metric, grade 10.9, or 12.9 . If SAE, Grade 8. Get the right bolts to fit the counterbores. When you have the right bolts in hand, stop by the shop that installed it and talk to the owner. He'll want to install bolts, having the right ones in hand will ensure no crappy bolts get put in there to band-aid it or worse, the wrong thread pitch. Hose out the threaded holes with some brake cleaner and use some thread locker.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Likely not torqued correctly as mentioned above - you need to cross torque them as they are highly correlated with the load they see.

I have a buddy with Alpine front control arms of a similar clamp style and his bolts also fell out. More concerning is this led to thread failure on the double adjuster and the arm end joint pulling out. Those clamps are like a jam-nut and if they get loose it will allow the joint to wobble and the threads to wear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Teraflex would know. did you call them?

more than once they have sent me stuff for their products when i called them.
Closed I guess. Called as soon as I saw they were gone but it was a Saturday.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Not sure what the thread pitch is but I’d definitely get them from Teraflex. Don’t want the sequel to this being the need to extract a bolt that twisted in half.

Jeep Wrangler JL My Teraflex rear track bar bolts are missing. Anyone know the size? B5A214AF-D3AA-4DB3-8469-1DB593624532

Edit: I’ve put on two front and two rear, the bolts have all been pre-installed so I don’t think there is any thread locker on them. When torquing them down to the prescribed 60 ft/lbs you HAVE TO keep going back and forth many times. As one bolt tightens, the slack is taken up for the other. If you don’t, they will loosen up (been there done that).

Edit two: the manual I have saved for the front doesn’t specify (probably an old doc revision), but the one for the rear does. I also called them when mine loosened up.
Thanks! I’ll be using this info. Sounds like I need to go back and forth a few times and definitely before the threadlocker starts to cure.

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Looks like there's dirt in the holes. They haven't been in there for a while, if ever. It's hard to see in the photo, but none of the paint looks abraded from a bolt head tightening on it.
My exact thoughts. At 60 ft lbs, I’d think I’d see some bare metal where the underhead step is. SMH

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That's undoubtedly a high strength grade bolt. If they're metric, grade 10.9, or 12.9 . If SAE, Grade 8. Get the right bolts to fit the counterbores. When you have the right bolts in hand, stop by the shop that installed it and talk to the owner. He'll want to install bolts, having the right ones in hand will ensure no crappy bolts get put in there to band-aid it or worse, the wrong thread pitch. Hose out the threaded holes with some brake cleaner and use some thread locker.
Yep. A thread chaser would be great. I’ll be doing it myself this time. I will let them know though.

I’m hoping Teraflex can just expedite me a pair. I can’t believe this crap from the same shop who’s, hopefully, done well on the separate locker & gear install BUT also the same one that used a torque stick on my lug nuts and stepped on my rear camera cover they had to order. The lugs nuts were over. Details….

OP
OP
Odyssey USA

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Likely not torqued correctly as mentioned above - you need to cross torque them as they are highly correlated with the load they see.

I have a buddy with Alpine front control arms of a similar clamp style and his bolts also fell out. More concerning is this led to thread failure on the double adjuster and the arm end joint pulling out. Those clamps are like a jam-nut and if they get loose it will allow the joint to wobble and the threads to wear.
BINGO. Exactly what I’m concerned about. That’s why they are there and need to stay there. Weird thing was before I found these missing yesterday, Friday I was walking out to the lot and wondered if the passenger side was sticking out further now. I cleaned the underside out yesterday after wheeling pretty hard a couple of weeks ago. I’ll be inspecting it more closely. I’ll start all over out of pocket before they touch my Jeep again.
Sponsored